Self video isn't showing in safari

Description
Hello,

We have integrated zoom video sdk for our application. We have realised that in Safari, the self video element is not able to render. We are only able to see the other person’s video. Same code is working in Chrome browser. Can you please let us know why this restriction is here or are we doing something wrong? The meeting sdk is supporting it very well but not video sdk.

Thank you

Browser Console Error
The Video Element do not appear at all.

Which Web Video SDK version?
V1.3.0

Video SDK Code Snippets

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Join the meeting on SAFARI on MAC.
  2. Self video do not render.

Screenshots

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: iMac, Intel
  • Browser: SAFARI
  • Browser Version: 15.5

Hey @hemant1 ,

Is this with the Video SDK Web Sample App, or your own implementation?

If it is your own implementation, can you please share your JavaScript and HTML code as it relates to the Video SDK?

In the meantime, here are the docs on how to render self view with Web Video SDK:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello @Tommy ,

We are using the Video SDK Web Sample App only. Sample app is working fine in Chrome but unable to show self video in Safari. We have tried Gallery View and Speaker View both. The self video is not appearing in both the cases.

We have seen in documentation about browser compatibility “Zoom Video SDK for Web” that “Render Multiple Videos” is shown as NOT SUPPORTED in Safari and Firefox. Is this about the self video or something else?

In our code “isSupportOffscreenCanvas” method is returning false, that’s why the self video is not appearing at all.

I am attaching screenshots of browser compatibility and code to understand easily.

Can you please let me know if Zoom Video SDK supports SELF VIDEO in SAFARI browser or not?

Hello @Tommy ,

We are using the Video SDK Web Sample App only. Sample app is working fine in Chrome but unable to show self video in Safari. We have tried Gallery View and Speaker View both. The self video is not appearing in both the cases.

We have seen in documentation about browser compatibility that “Render Multiple Videos” is shown as NOT SUPPORTED in Safari and Firefox. Is this about the self video or something else?

In our code “isSupportOffscreenCanvas” method is returning false, that’s why the self video is not appearing at all.

I am attaching screenshots of browser compatibility and code to understand easily.

Can you please let me know if Zoom Video SDK supports SELF VIDEO in SAFARI browser or not?

Hey @hemant1 ,

Thanks for the clarification!

Self view is still supported in Safari and Firefox, meaning you can accomplish this view:

It could be a sample app bug. Here is the code I used and the guides for rendering self view:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/video/web/essential/video#to-render-your-own-video-on-the-page-as-a-self-view

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.