Self video screen does not appear while using Web client SDK v1.9.7

Description
I am using Web client SDK. I built a react app using it, earlier it was working fine when 1.9.5 was released. Now, I cannot see the self video, only a black screen appears however the other person is getting the video. I have updated the npm @zoomus/websdk to 1.9.7 and the call gets connected but the issue is only with self video not rendering. I don’t have any clues about what’s going wrong. I have read the announcement for the chrome version 92 but I don’t see any error for SharedArrayBuffers in the console. If anyone has any idea on how to fix this, please help.

Web client SDK v1.9.7

• Device: [MacBook. Air early2015]
  • Browser: [Chrome]
  • Browser Version [ 92.0.4515.131 (Official Build) (x86_64)]

I’m having the same issue. The self-video is not working in Chrome. Also, the top bar with videos of other attendees in “speaker view” is not displayed in Chrome or any other browser. The current web SDK we’re using 1.9.5.

I’m also having the same issue. I’m using 1.9.5 version of WEB SDK and it was working few days back but it is not working now. I also tried by updating to 1.9.6 and 1.9.7 also. It does not work on any version.

The top section which displays other speakers and participants is missing completely.

This is sorted, for now! As a temporary fix, register for open trials. This temporary extension works until the Chrome 96 release.

Reference:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/stay-up-to-date/announcements#web-isolation

1 Like

This is just a temporary solution and you have to get the token for every domain for eg. while developing I will need one token for localhost and when it is deployed I need another one for the deployed one. Further as soon chrome updates it will not work and there are other issues that still remains.

This is not working because you need the SharedArrayBuffer feature for the SDK to work correctly from 1.9.6.

You can get that by:

• either add the origin trial to keep shared array buffer active (but this will ends soon)
  • or you setup web isolation on your application

For web isolation, if you’re not able to set it due to 3rd party solution that did not opt in yet, you can use another origin trial as mentioned here

@nvivot Thank you for providing your guidance!

@email_msa @bearishfh @devendra I can confirm that’s correct. This seems to be caused by an update to Chrome that changed the behavior of the SharedArrayBuffer API. We have more information on this as well as how you can configure your implementation in the following forum post:

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.