Black screen for self video on zoom web sdk after update chrome version

On the latest web sdk when a host or any participant is turning on their video camera, self video comes as a black screen. However on tnative zoom app, Video is visible clearly.

I am using the sample react app from the zoom repository, also tried some suggestion for sharedArrayBuffer for cross-isolation. Also updated the react version to 17.0.0 to 17.0.2 .
But still the problem persist.

Web SDK : 1.9.7.

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Run the app cloned from repo GitHub - zoom/websdk-sample-react: Use the Zoom Web SDK in a React App
  2. Run the app by giving required credentials.

Screenshots.

Device (please complete the following information):

• Browser: Chrome
  • Browser Version : Version 92.0.4515.107 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hi, @jinugeojames,

Thank you for posting and I am happy to help. As a start, can you post a screenshot of your codebase that includes the init and join functions?

I am facing the same issue. everthing is working fine except video in chrome

“@zoomus/websdk”: “^1.9.7”,
“react”: “^17.0.2”,
“react-dom”: “^17.0.2”,

ZoomMtg.init({
leaveUrl: leaveUrl,
isSupportAV: true,
success: (success) => {
console.log(success);
ZoomMtg.join({
signature: signature,
meetingNumber: meetingNumber,
userName: userName,
apiKey: apiKey,
userEmail: userEmail,
passWord: passWord,
success: (success) => {
console.log(success);
},
error: (error) => {
console.log(error);
},
});
},
error: (error) => {
console.log(error);
},
});

we have the same problem!

@jinugeojames @res_rvillela @siddiqdigival

Please make sure that you have applied for the WebCodecs and SIMD Origin Trials for Chrome. This will ensure that the Web SDK is using the latest APIs available and avoids issues.

If the issues are present after enabling those trials, please let me know. I’ll look into this further from there.

Thanks,
Max

Isn’t this a temporary solution, I mean creating token for origin trial?

After applying the token for WebCodec and SIMD Origin trials, it seems to be working for us - Self Video is displaying now. All these trials have a validity date like Dec 21 or so - What would be the permanent solution?

@sudharsans @bearishfh

The permanent solution is to implement Web Isolation to maintain functionality of the SharedArrayBuffer API.

As Chrome moves towards requiring Cross Origin Isolation for these cutting edge APIs with near-native performance will require this isolation and you will likely see other tools and integrations move towards this new configuration.

If Chrome is seeing the industry hasn’t adjusted, these trials are likely to be extended.

Further, as Chrome integrates the WebCodecs and SIMD trials into the browser itself they will no longer be necessary to add as Origin Trials.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.