Send Message To Zoom From Backend Windows Service

I want to send messages to Zoom chat (user and groups) from the backend windows service within a company’s Zoom setup.
Is it possible with a JWT authentication token?
Or if we need oAuth then does the app need its own Zoom account and/or redirect URL to generate the token?

Hi @suleman.khalid,

Our Chat endpoints require OAuth. This means you will need to create an OAuth app under the account you wish to handle the Chat messages under, and you will need to provide a valid redirect url as part of our OAuth requirements:

Let me know if this helps to clarify.

Thanks,
Will

Thanks, Will
Is there an alternative authentication method for WinForms applications or Windows services to avoid deploying/using redirect web URL?
Our application runs as an unattended background service.
Can we use the Zoom SDK for this?

Regards
Suleman

Hi @suleman.khalid,

Unfortunately our Chat APIs are only accessible via our OAuth authentication method. While it’s a great suggestion to have an alternative for programs like yours, this is not currently supported. Our SDK does not support Zoom Chat Client actions either.

If you’re so inclined, I might recommend submitting a feature request for this here as well: #feature-requests

Thanks,
Will

Thanks, Will
It would be great to have such a feature, as now more businesses using Zoom may integrate it directly into existing applications.

I have created the following feature request.

Regards
Suleman

Hey @suleman.khalid,

Thank you for submitting a feature request!

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.