Server side Video SDK

I’m interested in managing sessions using my own server as a middleware.
I’ve been trying to use the Video SDK with jsdom in a node.js backend but the results are not promising as it seems it relays in the browser API for most common tasks.
Is there any workaround for this?
Are there any plans in your roadmap about creating an admin SDK for node.js (or any other language) to manage sessions?
Are there plans to offer webhooks to notify about user events in sessions?

Hey @ivan.rodriguez , thanks for posting and using Zoom! :slight_smile:

Can you share more about your use case and what you are wanting to accomplish so we can offer more assistance?

Can you also share your use case around “managing sessions” in an admin like portal?

This will need to be implemented on your end at the moment, however you can submit this as a feature request for us to review here: Feature Requests

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy ,

Can you share more about your use case and what you are wanting to accomplish so we can offer more assistance?

I would like to have my application users status in sync with the Zoom sessions users status without relaying on the client (i.e. I want to know when a user joins or leaves, how many users have joined the session and persist that data in my DB,…)

Can you also share your use case around “managing sessions” in an admin like portal?

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was not suggesting an admin like portal but an admin SDK for node.js or other server language to manage sessions without relaying in clients. The usage would be the same I described in the first point.

This will need to be implemented on your end at the moment, however you can submit this as a feature request for us to review here: Feature Requests

Thanks, I’ll do

Hey @ivan.rodriguez ,

Gotcha, so basically a Webhook of sorts? You’d have to build this logic yourself. (However with Zoom Client and Client SDKs we have supported Webhooks here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/webhook-reference)

When you say “Clients” do you mean Zoom Client App? Or frontend user experience (client side)?

Happy to chat over Zoom to get on the same page if you would like. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

I’m also interested since I need programmatic management of Sessions. For instance, I need to stop/start streaming to third party services without manual intervention by my users.

• How can I programmatically start/stop a Session without joining it?
  • How can I programmatically start/stop streaming to a third party service?
  • Where’s the REST API for Sessions? I don’t really need an SDK as long as I can do the above with HTTP requests.

Thanks

Hey @Moreno ,

Thanks for sharing your feedback and interest in additional Video SDK features. We will evaluate these. (ZOOM-274938)

That being said, checkout my suggestion here for how to manage sessions:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.