Show own video in mini meeting window

Description
I was able to successfully minimise the meeting and get the mini window as well.
But I want to show the video of the own device (my camera) in the mini window always. Was not able to achieve this by pinning the current user.
How can i get this functionality done?

InMeetingService inMeetingService = ZoomSDK.getInstance().getInMeetingService();
inMeetingService.getInMeetingVideoController().pinVideo(true, inMeetingService.getMyUserID());

This will pin the user in the main zoom window but as soon as the window is minimised it will show the other participants videos.

Which Android Client SDK version?

Hi @chamathpali, thanks for the post.

The reason you are seeing this behavior is because upon minimizing the meeting, your video is automatically muted. If you want to display your own video, you will need to listen for the afterMeetingMinimized callback and manually unmute your video from there.

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom
I observed the video automatically muted too. but when there is atleast one participant in the meeting the automatic mute won’t happen (you can try this with the sample android app).
But even when the video is active still the mini window is not showing the own video.

I tried using the afterMeetingMinimized callback to pin the user video but it does not pin the current user to the mini window but it does to the meeting full window.

Hi @chamathpali,

Thanks for clarifying. I am able to reproduce the behavior you are describing. I am not aware of any workarounds for this, as it just seems that the mini meeting window is not respecting the pinned user in this scenario. We will need to investigate this and get back to you.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @jon.zoom any luck on this?

Thanks.

Hi @chamathpali,

We have identified a fix for this, and it should be available in the next release version. Be sure to keep an eye on our release notes for the most up-to-date information on our SDK releases.

Thanks!

Thanks for the update @jon.zoom .
Any idea on an estimated date?
Are there any workarounds I can try on the current SDK?

Hi @chamathpali,

We do not have an exact timeline for the next release. Unfortunately there are no workarounds available as this is something that must be fixed within the SDK.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.