showActiveShare doesn't appear

I have written the code to receive screen sharing in the breakout room, but it does not show up. Only a black screen appears.
In the same situation, it shows up in the Zoom desktop app.
The same code shows up in the main session.

The main session is written in customUIViewController.swift, and the breakout room is written in breakoutUIViewController.swift.

The onSinkMeetingActiveShare itself is working, so it could be something else, but if you know what it is, please let me know.

extension  BreakoutUIViewController:MobileRTCShareServiceDelegate{
    func onSinkMeetingActiveShare(_ userID: UInt) {
            if(userID != 0){
                print(userID)
                activeShareViewbo = MobileRTCActiveShareView(frame: CGRect.init(x: 0,y: 0,width: screenWidth-120,height: screenHeight))
                activeShareViewbo?.setVideoAspect(MobileRTCVideoAspect_PanAndScan)
                let activeuser:UInt = (MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService()?.activeShareUserID())!
                activeShareViewbo?.showActiveShare(withUserID: activeuser)
                self.view.bringSubviewToFront(activeShareViewbo!)
          }
          else{
                print("ShareStop")
                activeShareViewbo?.stopActiveShare()
                activeShareViewbo?.removeFromSuperview()
            }
    }

Which Mobile Meeting SDK version?
The SDK is version v5.7.6.1076(iOS). CustomUI is used.

Thanks.

Hey @KAZUMA87,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Can you try creating the shareview prior to this callback being triggered? Then inside of the callback call the showActiveShare function?

Thanks!
Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon ,

Thanks for message.

I changed the code to look like the following

override func viewWillLayoutSubViews(){
activeShareViewbo = MobileRTCActiveShareView(frame: CGRect.init(x: 0,y: 0,width: screenWidth-110,height: screenHeight))
    activeShareViewbo?.setVideoAspect(MobileRTCVideoAspect_PanAndScan)
    self.view.addSubview(activeShareViewbo!)
    self.view.bringSubviewToFront(activeShareViewbo!)
}

On top of that

func onSinkMeetingActiveShare!(_ userID:UInt){
  DispatchQueue.main.async {
          let activeuser:UInt = (MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService()? .activeShareUserID())!
          self.activeShareViewbo?.showActiveShare(withUserID: activeuser)
        }
}

I wrote it as but there is no improvement and the screen remains black. Is there any other way?

Thanks.

I am also searching for the answer that I need…!!!

Hey @KAZUMA87,

Can you share your code for sending the share stream?

Thanks!
Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon,

For the source code, the implementation is done according to https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/iOS/mastering-zoom-sdk/in-meeting-function/screen-share
and the basic code is the same. The only difference is the group name.

Thanks.

Hey @KAZUMA87,

Are you using a broadcast extension or appShareWithView?

Thanks!
Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon ,

I’m using a broadcast extension.

Thanks.

Hey @KAZUMA87,

If you run the debugger the screen share extension are any functions being called?

Thanks!
Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon ,
I don’t know how to activate the debugger for the screen share extension, but in Xcode it says

[User Defaults] Couldn’t read values in CFPrefsPlistSource<0x283947480> (Domain: group.com.comcent.hintlinezoomShare, User: kCFPreferencesAnyUser, ByHost: Yes, Container: (null), Contents Need Refresh: Yes): Using kCFPreferencesAnyUser with a container is only allowed for System Containers, detaching from cfprefsd

This is what I get. However, Android devices and the Zoom desktop app can receive and display the shared screen without any problems, so I believe the problem is on the display side of iOS.

Thanks.

Hey @KAZUMA87,

Can you follow the troubleshooting guide here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/iOS/mastering-zoom-sdk/in-meeting-function/screen-share/ios-screen-share-trouble-tips

Thanks!
Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon,

I’ve already read that document, and am doing what I can, but no change.

What I’m wondering is
let activeuser:UInt = (MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService()? .activeShareUserID()))!

and the user ID that can be obtained with

onSinkMeetingActiveShare(_ userID: UInt)

and the user ID that I am able to get in onSinkMeetingActiveShare(_ userID: UInt) are two different things, is this relevant? However, whichever user ID I use, it’s not displayed.

Thanks.

Hello @Michael_Condon ,

As for the problem of the screen sharing not appearing at breakout, I changed the version of ZoomSDK to v5.4.54802.0124, and it appeared without any problem without changing the code.
However, since the screen sharing is not stable with v5.4.54802.0124 on the sending side, I am sending the screen sharing with v5.7.6.1076.

In other words, if the sending side = v5.7.6.1076 and the receiving side = v5.4.54802.0124, there will be no problem.

If both of them are set to v5.7.6.1076, no display will occur on the receiving side. Since the problem occurs with newer versions, we believe that there is some kind of defect in the SDK.

Could you please check?

Thanks.

@Michael_Condon I am seeing this exact same behavior with the iOS SDK. I tried with the latest iOS SDK, version 5.7.6.1082 and still have this issue.

Hey @mike.sanford @KAZUMA87,

Can you reproduce the issue one more time and then send me the logs from that instance? You can send them via email to DeveloperSupport@zoom.us. Please mention my name and a link to this post.

Thanks!
Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon ,

Should I send the logs obtained by the method described in the document?

thanks.

Document:

Hey @KAZUMA87,

Yep, that is correct :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.