Signature Invalid/Expired

I’ve been stuck with this pair of errors for long enough that I’m asking for help. I hate to ask for something that seems to be discussed a lot, but I don’t see any solutions that have helped.

I’m trying to join a meeting with the web sdk client view, v 2.14.0

Here’s the signature data I’m sending:

•   secToken	{{"alg":"HS256","typ":"JWT"}.{"appKey":"XXXXXXXXXXXXX","sdkKey":"-XXXXXXXXXXXXX","mn":2256993400,"role":0,"iat":1689709172,"exp":1689716372,"tokenExp":1689716372}}	System.IdentityModel.Tokens.Jwt.JwtSecurityToken

From what I can tell everything matches the examples. I’ve tried to change the amount of time for expiry up to 48 hours, and at exactly 48 hours the error changes from “Signature Invalid” to “Signature Expired”. I tried backing up the iat time by 30 seconds as suggested elsewhere, and I’ve verified the times are appropriate and my computer clock is correct.

@peter.antoniou , could you share a sample of your JWT token? An expired one is fine too

A sample header and payload are in my original post - here’s a token value generated from similar values:

eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJhcHBLZXkiOiItSnJSUk1HWUNUOE8zdDNNNmdRaXFBIiwic2RrS2V5IjoiLUpyUlJNR1lDVDhPM3QzTTZnUWlxQSIsIm1uIjoyMjU2OTkzNDAwLCJyb2xlIjowLCJpYXQiOjE2ODk3NzUwNzAsImV4cCI6MTY4OTc4MjI3MCwidG9rZW5FeHAiOjE2ODk3ODIyNzB9.Rv5IRlN4H0RUThvucutYVU3DOZ4GESmq-ffNAGAm5-w

@peter.antoniou ,

I’ve taken a look, there should not be a “-” at the front of your appKey and sdkKey.
Could you try again?

Well now I feel stupid - I was sure I copied and pasted that correctly, apparently not. That solved it, thank you for your help.

1 Like