Small/portrait video interface on desktop while remote use is mobile video sdk

Video SDK Version: React Native 1.12.10
Web SDK Version: 1.12.5

Devices:

• Mobile: Android Galaxy Tab A8 (React Native SDK)
  • Desktop: iMac Apple M3, Google Chrome (Web SDK)

Description:
I am trying to join a session using the React Native Mobile SDK with the Desktop Web SDK. The issue is that the Mobile SDK user appears very small on the desktop. However, when a mobile Chrome user joins the desktop session, they display correctly. This issue only occurs with the React Native Mobile SDK user.Mobile sdk user showing portrait

Error:
There is no error, but the following event is triggered on the web:
client.on("video-aspect-ratio-change", async (payload) => { Aspect ratio: 0.5625, Width: 626.625, Height: 1114, userid: 16783360 }

Troubleshooting Steps:
I have searched extensively on the Zoom forum but haven’t found anything directly related to my issue.

How to Reproduce:

1. Start a session on the desktop using the Web SDK.
  2. Connect using the React Native Mobile SDK.
  3. On desktop Chrome, the mobile user will appear in portrait mode and display at a smaller size.

Hey @enquiries1

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you referring to the large white spaces on either side of the video when watching mobile video on the desktop? This occurs because the sending device (mobile) uses a 9:16 portrait ratio, while the rendering container is using a 16:9 landscape ratio, which can result in side padding.

I’m glad you noticed this difference through the video-aspect-ratio-change event. This event is triggered when there is a mismatch between the rendered aspect ratio and the original aspect ratio from the sender.

You can try adjusting the page layout. If you’re rendering the video through an independent HTML element ( video player), you can resolve this issue by updating the element’s CSS styling.

Thanks
Vic