StartBO() does not start breakout room

StartBO() does not start breakout room, and it returns false. In the C++ code below, a room is created successfully, users have been added, and CanStartBO returns true, but StartBO returns false. It is possible to start breakout rooms from the UI button. What am I doing wrong?

Windows Client SDK version v5.5.12509.0330

The sample:
const wchar_t* roomname = SDKInterfaceWrap::GetInst().GetMeetingService()->GetMeetingBOController()->GetBOCreatorHelper()->CreateBO(_T(“coffee”));
ZOOMSDK::IList<const wchar_t*> *list = SDKInterfaceWrap::GetInst().GetMeetingService()->GetMeetingBOController()->GetBODataHelper()->GetUnassginedUserList();
for (int i = 0;i < list->GetCount();i++)
{
SDKInterfaceWrap::GetInst().GetMeetingService()->GetMeetingBOController()->GetBOCreatorHelper()->AssignUserToBO(list->GetItem(i), roomname);
}
bool b = SDKInterfaceWrap::GetInst().GetMeetingService()->GetMeetingBOController()->GetBOAdminHelper()->StartBO();

After this code runs,

• The room is created
  • The users are assigned to the room
  • Break out rooms is not started
  • The room assignments can be seen in the UI
  • The room can be started manually in the UI
2 Likes

Having the same issue, spoke about it today on this thread alongside other issues with breakouts:

Hey @ratuthit,

I had not noticed this before as my setup was different, but running it this same way lead me to re-produce.

• When I saw CanStartBO return true, but StartBO return false, it was when I created the room, immediately assigned a user to the room, then immediately tried to start the breakout rooms.
  • When I saw CanStartBO return true, and StartBO return true, it was when I created the room, immediately assigned a user to the room, but waited to start the breakout rooms until I pressed my own custom button a little later.

This leads me to believe there is a delay between when the breakout rooms can actually be started and when CanStartBO begins returning true. I am not saying this is not a bug, but it seems like the workaround is to not do all of these calls in one swoop.

Thanks!
Michael

1 Like

Thank you for your insight. It appears that a delay of a minimum of 6 seconds is required between adding the last participant and StartBO(), by empirical testing.

1 Like

Hey @ratuthit,

Hmm, that is quite the delay. I will bring this up to the engineers to see if there is something I am missing here.

Thanks!
Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.