Zoom Windows SDK - BO Admin CanStartBO() Returns False

Description
Our team is trying to use the Zoom Windows SDK to manipulate the breakout room creation and participant allocation. We have been adding C# wrappers for breakout room controls. Automating the breakout room creation and assigning users into breakout rooms seem to be working fine (although a significant amount of delay is required between these function calls).

However, when we try to use the customised app to start breakout rooms, CanStartBO() from the IBOAdmin class seems to always return false. Consequently, when we call StartBO(), the breakout rooms cannot be started. Also, when we call StartBO(), a weird error TokenNotReady is returned. If we use the UI from the customised app to Start All Breakout Rooms, breakout rooms can be started successfully.

Since the wrapper is correctly fetching the CanStartBO() status and it is showing false, we think that the issue must be related to the Zoom Windows SDK itself?

Which Windows Meeting SDK version?
v5.7.6.1079

Additional context
Here are some logs from our customised Zoom application, and hopefully these can provide some extra information for diagnosing the issue:

Create Test Room 1
Start Assign Users
AssignUserToBO(961752fd474906b7c1205e3045d2386d, {DD2997A2-BE17-4A98-BAC0-84BF36BE1B47}) Result: True
BOController.GetBOStatus() -> Edit
**BOController.GetBOAdminHelper().CanStartBO() -> False**
Retry Starting BO
**Callback[onStartBOError] -> TokenNotReady**
Retry Starting BO
Retry Starting BO
Retry Starting BO

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Kind regards,
Peter

Hey @peter.chen,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Are you able to start breakout rooms using the default UI?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael,

Yes, if I use the default UI, the breakout room can be started successfully. But when using the SDK, a TokenNotReady error is returned when I try to start breakout rooms automatically.

Kind regards,
Peter

Hey @peter.chen,

At what point are you trying to start the breakout room? Is it right when you enter a meeting? I am curious if there is a race condition here.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael,

Not immediately after entering a meeting. We trigger the breakout room manipulation after assigning a customised Zoom app with host permission, and we add delay for each step (create breakout rooms, assign users to breakout rooms, and start breakout rooms).

But yea, in general, it will be at least a minute after entering the meeting before we try to start breakout rooms.

Kind regards,
Peter

Hey @peter.chen,

Can you email me at DeveloperSupport@zoom.us? In the email please provide the following:

1. Reproduction steps
  2. SDK logs: To get them, reproduce the issue once more with enableLog set to true in your initParams. After closing the application, the logs will show up in %appData%/roaming/ZoomSDK
  3. A link to this post
  4. Mention my name

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael,

Sure thing. I just sent an email to DeveloperSupport@zoom.us with the detailed you requested for investigation.

Kind regards,
Peter

Hey @peter.chen,

Thanks! Will follow up with you there.

Michael