startMeeting method not initiating new meeting, instead its joining the meeting

Hi Support,
I’m facing issue while initiating a new meeting as a host. When I use to create a new meeting from android sdk by following your sdk guidelines, its directly going me into the already created meeting.
My understanding regarding the CreateMeeting function is, it should ask me “what is the meeting title meeting name etc” and the “passcode” for the meeting but its not asking.
Below is the Android Code i’m using to initiate a meeting.

StartMeetingOptions opts = ZoomMeetingUISettingHelper.getStartMeetingOptions();
        StartMeetingParamsWithoutLogin params = new StartMeetingParamsWithoutLogin();
        if (Session.userDetails != null) {
            params.userId =Session.loginUser.getId();
            params.userType = Session.userDetails.getType();
            params.displayName =  Session.loginUser.getName();
            params.zoomAccessToken = Session.userDetails.getToken();                 
             params.meetingNo = String.valueOf(Session.userDetails.getPmi());
            ret = meetingService.startMeetingWithParams(getActivity(), params, opts);
            Toast.makeText(getActivity(), "startMeetingWithNumber, ret=" + ret, Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show();
        }

Which Android Meeting SDK version?
Knowing the version can help us to identify your issue faster
SDK Version : v5.9.1.3662

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: [infinix note 7 lite]

Hi @asadshafique5, thanks for using our SDK.

It sounds like you are looking to schedule a meeting. The SDK can be used to start or join an existing meeting, but cannot be used to schedule them. For scheduling or managing scheduled meetings, you would need to use the REST API. If you have any questions related to usage of the REST API, you can post over in #api-and-webhooks. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom thanks for your response,
I am already aware of the APIs using for schedule a meeting. I have used /meetings end point to schedule a meeting.
But my question is in SDK i m a host i have scheduled a meeting using the provided API now i want to join that meeting as a host but your SDK is treating me like a Invitee not a host and asking me to input the passcode and when i input it says lets wait for the host to start a meeing.
If im scheduling a meeting and im starting the meeting using your SDK via meeting no and the userId then why this is not working it should start the meeting for all.

Thanks and Regards,
Asad Shafique

Well the problem was with the Zoom Access Token. We need to use the zoom access token that is appended in “start_url” parameter in response of create meeting.
Just parse the start_url param and get the ZAK from it and use this zak in sdk it will work.

Thanks and Regards,
Asad Shafique

Correct, @asadshafique5! Gald to hear you resolved the issue and you are up and rolling. As @jon.zoom shared, please post all API questions in #api-and-webhooks. There are dedicated Developer Advocates who can help with API-related issues.

Thanks,
Donte

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.