Stop-gap solution for gallery view in Web SDK?

Hi guys,

I understand gallery view in the web SDK is slated for Q2, but we’re looking to support an activation starting in early May. Are there any approaches or customizations we could explore that would allow us to work around the limitation? For example, can we design a fixed layout with a nine-up of participants? Short of that, is there an early access program for a beta of the forthcoming features?

Thanks,
Scott

Hey @scott_varland,

Currently this is not possible with the Web SDK. The only work arounds would be overriding the CSS / JS of the Web SDK.

Thanks,
Tommy

Tommy - I’m intrigued - I didn’t think it was possible to show multiple participant video thumbnails until Zoom did more development on the SDK.

Many of us are very capable of working in JS/CSS. What would one need to do to surface the participant thumbnails?

Hi @zilberstein,

We would have to provide the video feed for each participant within the WebSDK in order to do so. It was originally slated for Q2 for both Web Client and WebSDK however this feature was pushed back due to our security initiative. We we do launch the Gallery view feature we will only include up to 10 participants at a time due to the browser capability.

Thanks

Hi Michael - Any guidance on the timeline for gallery view, then? And/or providing the video feed for each participant?

Thanks,
Scott

Hey @scott_varland,

Looking like this won’t happen in Q2 or Q3. Currently no timeline.

Stay updated here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog

Thanks,
Tommy