Submitting the chat box using Javascript

I’m setting up a web SDK application that will post a message in the chatbox automatically (eg a conference evaluation form) near the conclusion of the session. I’ve set up the Web SDK on the page and have written some scripts to open the chat box and set the textarea value to reflect the appropriate message. But I’m stuck figuring out how to actually submit the message. It seems the only way to do this is to click on the textarea and press the “Enter” key but I can’t seem to get this to work in the javascript. I tried simulating keystrokes and using jquery sendkeys but it seems the best I can get is it sending enter as a new line which does not actually submit the message. Any thoughts on this? Or maybe I am approaching this completely the wrong way?

Hey @jm22,

Currently we do not have a built in function in the Web SDK to programmatically send an In Meeting Chat message. Feel free to add this as a feature request: #feature-requests :slight_smile:

You could try emulating the enter key event with JavaScript.

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.