Support for MultiPin/Spot in SDK v5.2.41727.0928

I just wanted to check in on some of the headline features of the main 5.2 client that seem to be missing from the latest SDK update. In particular, I do not see an abstraction for multipin and multispot, rearranging the gallery view, etc. Is there a plan / timetable for adding these, or am I missing how to interface in the latest release?

Users of our integration are highly demanding that we add these functions as the main Zoom client now has them.

I’m also after multi-pinning. From my understanding, spotlight is local and pinning is for everyone, however calling PinVideo only seems to pin locally for me also.

EDIT: Since learnt I had my terms the wrong way round - still interested in multi spotlight though

Hi everyone,

The multiPin/Spot feature was introduced in client 5.2.2, and the SDK v5.2.41727.0928 is based on client 5.2.1. This feature will be available when we upgrade the client base version in SDK.

Thanks!

Do you have any ETA on that future version?

Hey Carson! Thanks for the reply. Do you have an estimate on what that release timeline might look like?

Are we talking about making the ability to multi-pin available to all participants as a default? Right now the host must grant permission to multi-pin to individuals upon request, which is really cumbersome for participants and hosts, and also places more of a burden on deaf participants who use this feature often.

Or should I submit a separate request for this feature?

Hi @Proddy, @liminal_andy,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I don’t have an ETA on when to upgrade the client base version in SDK yet. I will let you know if I have any updates.

Thanks!

Hi @marie.coppola,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. Normally the SDK follows the behavior of the Zoom client(or say inherit the behavior) so we are not able to change the experience in SDK.

Please submit a feature request to Zoom client at https://zoom.us/feed and once the Zoom client has this new behavior, then SDK will be able to add it.

Thanks!

Hi Carson,

Thanks for getting back to me (us), any updates would be appreciated.

1 Like

Hi, just enquiring to see if there is any update on multi-pinning or multi-spotlighting in the SDK?
Many thanks!

They’ve been added to the SDK (yay) but there are several bugs particularly with multispot on macOS to keep an eye on. Sounds like the SDK team is working to more properly / fully integrate these interfaces in the next release.

1 Like

Hey @martincollett,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

@liminal_andy is correct, we will be releasing a new version of the SDK soon which will fix some of the issues that multi-pinning caused when introduced in the last version.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon, @liminal_andy

Many thanks - I’d become convinced I was misusing the SDK, or had the wrong version - but in fact it was just my stupidity - I wasn’t host or co-host, and wasn’t enabled for multi-pinning. All working well now, thank you!

Martin

I appreciate the updates to multipin, but are there any fixes planned in the next release to fix issues with successive calls that create spotlight events? Currently, a 0.8-second delay between calls is required.

1 Like

Hey @bantupit,

The developers have fixed several under the hood issues in this feature, I am unaware of this exact issue being targeted in this release. However, this is likely a side-effect of the bug’s root issues, so I am optimistic about this being fixed.

Thanks!
Michael

1 Like

Do we have a date for the next client SDK release yet?

1 Like

Hey @richard1,

Thank you for your patience. I do not have a date quite yet, however the SDK package has been finalized and is in the final stage of approval. I do not think it will be much longer.

Thanks!
Michael

Thanks - as previously discussed it would be great to find a way for your team to have the resources to promptly fix any issues that are found in this new version. We would be more than happy to do some pre release testing if you were able to share a beta version with us which would hopefully de risk the likelihood of new issues creeping in.

Thanks

Richard

1 Like

Hey @richard1,

Thank you so much for volunteering, however we are not allowed to distribute beta versions outside of the org. Is there a particular feature you would like me to check before release?

Thanks!
Michael

The main features which are currently broken that I remember are:

• on spotlight user change delegate call passes wrong user (I think active video may do the same)

• spotlighting is buggy and missing features

• breakout rooms are completely broken

There is a post from me somewhere which goes into more detail.

My big concern is that the Sdk updates tend to introduce significant regressions (including some of the above) and so without any proper testing by your users we end up in the situation we are now in - waiting months for fixes introduced with each update.

If you can’t release any betas then at the least could you schedule a hot fix release and advise on timescales so we can ensure we have tested features in time for them to be fixed

Thanks

Richard

2 Likes