Support for MultiPin/Spot in SDK v5.2.41727.0928

I’m sure you mean well here and are offering to personally verify functionality, which is appreciated, but it is a bit scary to have to ask for Zoom to check specific features before releasing them in an SDK in order to know that Zoom is releasing reliable and functional code. I hope this SDK is going through a full regression test before public release at this point.

Otherwise, this could be read as:

But yeah, please look at the successive spotlight call timeout, breakouts, backgrounds requiring the edit window open, broken callbacks on active speaker / spotlit user, etc.

1 Like

Hey @richard1,

Thanks for the suggestions, I will inform the team. I will make sure to test these three features.

Michael

1 Like

Hey @liminal_andy,

Always givin me a good chuckle with your memes.

Let me explain further. The SDK is not un-tested before release. The reason why the release dates are often hard to predict is because of the testing the SDK goes through and the different levels of approval processes. We are aware of the stability issues with releases and are working to minimize those issues going forward. The engineers are almost always low on bandwidth, especially since the pandemic has brought in so much more Zoom usage. Zoom is trying to polish out these pain points, but it has been a very busy year. The reason I ask if there is something specific I can test, is not because that thing has not yet been tested by the engineering team, but because I cannot distribute un-released SDK versions to developers even for testing. I can, however, run the un-released versions if there are specific things developers want someone to double-check before release.

Thanks!
Michael

1 Like

Ok excellent, thanks for clearing that up for me!

Hey @richard1 @bantupit @liminal_andy,

I ran some tests yesterday and spotlighting seems to behave correctly using the new spotlight callback. The breakout rooms seemed to be working as intended using the v2 breakout room interface as well. The new SDK version is now available. Please download and let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks!
Michael

1 Like

Hi @Michael_Condon,

I’ve done some extensive testing of multispotlighting in the latest build and am getting the same behaviors as before mostly. I get an SDK Success even if the spotlight does not actually apply in the meeting. Try calling successive additive spotlights with less than 500ms between calls. I am confident you’ll see what we’re seeing as I’ve had a lot of eyes on it. This causes a cascade failure in ZoomOSC and leads to some very undesirable behavior when the Zoom callback does not match reality.

1 Like

Hey @liminal_andy,

The engineers are planning a hotfix for this issue. Thank you for bringing this one up!

Thanks!
Michael

@Michael_Condon sounds good. Interestingly enough, the new spotlit user list contains the correct information, so I am doing a funky workaround where I check that list after every call and delay until I see that list update.

Hey @liminal_andy,

Have you tried using the new callback? How is that receptive to this scenario in your case?

Thanks!
Michael