The value that you entered for the schedule_for field is invalid. Enter a valid value and try again

Format Your New Topic as Follows:

API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)
[Link the API endpoint(s) and/orZoom API Event(s) you’re working with to help give context.]

Description
I am trying to create a meeting using Post/users/me/meetings.

Error?
I am getting 2 errors when calling create meeting API

1. “The value that you entered for the schedule_for field is invalid. Enter a valid value and try again.”
  2. “Country code US is not available for host: 6iAx4H1PQjKx-twU8g61mA.”

How to reproduce?
While calling API for creating meeting I am getting below error in response:
“The value that you entered for the schedule_for field is invalid. Enter a valid value and try again.”

My zoom account is created using hmshah.1984@gmail.com

The value I am sending in for schedule for is:
“schedule_for”: “hshah@vohraphysicians.com”,

Once I changed schedule for value to: hmshah.1984@gmail.com it worked but I want to use any valid email id here.

After that got resolved temporarily, I got another error is response:
“Country code US is not available for host: 6iAx4H1PQjKx-twU8g61mA.”
What is the meaning of this error and how to fix this?

Please help to resolve this. I am waiting for the response,

Thanks,
Hardik

One more thing, My app is still in draft status. Technical design is pending to submit but I believe I can still use it for creating a meeting for development purpose. Please confirm.

Hi @hmshah.1984

To schedule a meeting for a user using the “schedule_for” parameter, you need to have a scheduling privilege assigned to your user account.

Can you confirm you have that assigned?

Hi Ojus,

No, I have not set scheduling privilege but I want ability for our website’s customers (external users) to create meeting link using zoom api using APP we published.

For that, I do not think we need to define scheduling privilege as end users can be anyone.

What is required in order to create meeting on behalf of external users using OAuth APP?

Hi,

If you intend external users to use your app, then you need to publish the app in the marketplace.

Visit : Publishing an App to know more