The way of connecting UVC Camera on Video SDK

Hi

I’m trying to connect to UVC Camera on Video SDK.

UsbManager can recognize to connect UVC Camera. but, Zoom Video SDK can’t recognize the camera.

I search about this issue and I saw Android SDK don’t support UVC Camera. However, those topics is so old. latest topic is 2021. so, I want to know if there is another way recently.

Thank you.

• Android 8
  • Android Video SDK v1.3.3

Welcome, @dodri0605,

Thank you for posting in the Developer Forum! We appreciate you taking the time to post on the Developer Forum. It is my understanding you are looking to connect UVC Camera to the Video SDK and it is not being recognized. Is that accurate? I am happy to check with our engineering team to see if UVC cameras are supported. In order to do so, I’d like to gather more information:

1. To better understand the nature of your use case, can you share more details about what you are trying to accomplish?
  2. What specific UVC Camera are you using?
  3. What are the specs for the UVC Camera?
  4. When attempting to connect the camera, are there any error messages?

Hi, @donte.zoom .
Thank you for replying my question.
Yes, That is accurate. My Video SDK can’t recognize my UVC Camera and can’t connect.

1. I’m trying to develop education application. This needs to show my face video and other’s face video. So, I imported Zoom Video SDK. When I tested the app in the mobile device(Samsung Galaxy Note 20, Tab 7+), SDK used device’s cameras well. But, in the Android OS board connecting UVC Camera(USB Port), SDK couldn’t use the UVC Cameras. Of course, My video was not rendered. I must develop the app can run on Android Board. so, My using Zoom SDK should be able to connect to USB Cameras. Please give me a hand for solving this issue.

2. My UVC Camera : Logitech HD pro webcam c920

3. Spec : Logitech HD PRO Webcam C920 - The Best Logitech Webcams at the Best Price

4. No. I can’t see any error messages.

Thank you.

Hey @dodri0605

Thanks for sharing the detailed information.

Could you share the result of the following statement?

const devices = ZoomVideo.getDevices();
console.log(devices.filter((device) => device.kind === "videoinput"));

Thanks
Vic

1 Like

@dodri0605,

Here’s the link to the getDevice method for your reference: