To use zoom api/sdk do i have to publish in MarketPlace?

How can I use client view or component view without publishing an app to the marketplace?

How can i cancel a request I made to publish an app to marketplace ?

Does zoom have a better way of support other then this forum ?

Hi @david14

Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum.
You can also reach out to our support team here:

But for now, I can help you with these questions:

How can I use client view or component view without publishing an app to the marketplace?

What type of credentials are you using with your app? JWT or OAuth?
If you want to run your app locally and use it internally (with users under your account only) it does not have to be published in the marketplace

How can i cancel a request I made to publish an app to marketplace ?

You can cancel the request directly on the Marketplace dashboard.
Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 10.15.45 AM

You should be able to click on those 3 dots and select the option withdraw request.

Hope this helps,
Elisa

First of I would like to apologize for my vague/ none specific question. I’ll try to clean up a little.

So right now We are using the SDK app, We also have OAuth and JWT as We are still in the process of learning how to integrate your service.

I will describe our use case in the hope it would clear up thing and allow you to suggest a better approach.

We want to allow our users to programmatically generate meeting/meeting links.
Then using Zoom SDK’s Client View or Component View to join the meeting as host and their friends as normal users all within our platform.

If you could suggest a path to take it would be great.

Here is a question or two:

• Does Zoom have any other way of getting credential or its all though marketplace apps ?
  • If its only marketplace apps - do We have to publish the app to achieve what I’ve described above ?
  • Can We create an account level OAuth or SDK app and programmatically create accounts for our users (without publishing an app)?

Thanks again.

Man getting support here is hard!

Hey @david14
Sorry that I missed your follow up post!

To answer your questions:

• Does Zoom have any other way of getting credential or its all though marketplace apps ?

Its all through our Marketplace apps… you can either create an Oauth app or user your JWT credentials for internal testing

• If its only marketplace apps - do We have to publish the app to achieve what I’ve described above ?

If you want to make calls on behalf of a 3rd party user yes, it needs to be reviewed by our Marketplace team and published in the Marketplace

• Can We create an account level OAuth or SDK app and programmatically create accounts for our users (without publishing an app)?

If its an internal app then yes, you do not need to publish the app.

Hope this helps,
Elisa

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.