Too many calls : the device is opening camera now, cannot stop video capture

Description
Hi, we are getting this error (please check screenshot below) from the web SDK sometime when a user try to deactivate probably “too fast” the video right after entering a meeting.
It looks like the SDK is still trying to connect to the camera when the video deactivation is triggered.

First time to see this. We have many new error types coming from the Zoom SDK since we host all Zoom resources on our own CDN.

Error
Too many calls : the device is opening camera now, cannot stop video capture

Which version?

Screenshots

Device (please complete the following information):

• Browser: Chrome 87.0.4280.88

Hey @nvivot,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. You’re correct in that this looks like it happens when a user attempts to disable their video capture while the camera is being opened. Is this causing any other issues for the team? In other words, does this prevent you from disabling video capture after the camera is opened?

Thanks,
Max

I have asked some feedback from the user and here is what he told us:

• This happened when joining the meeting. (as already reported)
  • The other participant in the meeting could see his video (so data were streamed through Zoom from his web cam to the other participant.
  • The user itself could not see his own video. So the problem seems to be the user UI and more specifically on his video thumbnail.
  • He had to leave the meeting and rejoin several times to finally “fix” the issue.
  • Yes it prevented him to stop the video. (well, for him it was not started, but the other participant was able to see him and tell it through the chat)

It looks like an issue with the video thumbnail only, like the component stay in kind of “initialization state with the camera” while it’s already opened. (since the video is streaming)

No other error were reported unfortunately.

That could be related to his hardware & software setup. I have asked his specification so that we can try to reproduce in similar conditions. I will keep you informed if i find something about conditions to reproduce it or root reason.

Hey @nvivot,

Thank you for providing additional information. I’ve since reached out to our engineering team with this issue and will get back to you when I have more information. (CS-2691)

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.