Triggering Salesforce/Zoom API with Process Builder or Flow

Hi,

So we have certain webinars that are members only and normally we would have to look in our Salesforce database to see if they are an active member before we approve them for the webinar. So we would still like to have the manual option when we create the webinar in Zoom but when the integration creates a record in Salesforce, I would like to automatically launch an automation (Flow, Process Builder) within Salesforce to look up if they are an active member, approve them, and also approve them in Zoom. Currently it seems the only way to approve them in Salesforce and have that information transmit back to Zoom is by pressing “Approve Registrants” button on the zoom webinar record in Salesforce. I would like to be able to trigger this automation without having to press the button. Can I trigger this automation with Flow or Process Builder?

Hey @CBA,

Great question! Yes, you can use our Registrants API to approve or deny a users registration.

Let me know if you have additional questions! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Do you know how I would call it in Salesforce? Like run it from a Salesforce flow? Also, I am not a developer. I am a Salesforce admin so I would like to be able to accomplish this without code.

Hey @CBA,

You could use a service like Zapier or another no code automation flow tool.

Thanks,
Tommy

It looks like Zapier can’t send approve registrants.

Hey @CBA,

It should be able to. Where do you see otherwise? :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

This what I see when trying to build the zap:

I am not getting the option to approve or deny a webinar registrant.

Hey @CBA,

Gotcha! Can you try adding a custom API request in Zapier? Then you can call the Registrants Status API directly.

Thanks,
Tommy

Are you familiar with External Services in Salesforce? If you are, would you happen to know how I can set this up with Zoom? This seems like a good way to be able to send data to Zoom.

Thanks

Hey @CBA,

I am not familiar with External Services in Salesforce, but someone on the Salesforce team could defiantly help you with that! All you would need to be able to do is make an HTTP request! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi,

So I am leaning towards using External Services to send the necessary data to approve a webinar registrant in Zoom. Do I need to create another OAuth app to send this data? I already have the Zoom app installed in Salesforce.

Thanks again @tommy for answering my questions.

@Tommy It looks like I can create my own swagger open schema with External Services. Do you have any good resources or you yourself how I can get an open schema for updating webinar registrants’ status?

Hey @CBA,

That is great news! Yes, you can get the swagger file for our APIs here:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for this @tommy ! I am still confused on how to get the schema just to update a registrants status.

Hey @CBA,

Can you show the docs you are referring to so I can see how to do it?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy,

Here are some examples provided by Salesforce: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=external_services_schema_examples.htm&type=5

Hey @CBA,

Unfortunately that link is broken? Can you confirm that is the correct one?

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy that link should work. It works for me. If it continues to not work, you can try a google search using “salesforce external services schema example”. It should be the first link. Clicking that link should take you here:

Then click on the link on the left hand side that I highlighted and that should take you the original link that I shared.

Hey @CBA,

The link you shared is working now, apologies! I will get an answer to you as soon as possible!

-Tommy

Hey @CBA,

Can you please try this Schema? It is just the Webinar Registrants Status API:

Thanks,
Tommy