Trying to access the audio stream data using getUsermedia, but it is giving undefined in zoom Apps

We are trying to get access to the user’s audio stream using getUserMedia, to use that data, but we are not able to access it, and we are getting it as Undefined. But, it is crucial for our application to capture the speaker’s real-time audio information. How can I achieve that? Is there any configuration that I can set in Zoom apps sdk configs? Or is there any API that can allow me to capture that real-time audio data of the user, or any other ways?

Hey @viwinkumar.p20 ,

Raw audio/video streams aren’t supported through Zoom Apps, so if you’re looking to access users’ audio streams, you’ll want to explore a different approach. There are a few options here.

Option 1: Linux/Meeting SDK

The first option is using the Linux SDK or Windows SDK. We use these ourselves extensively to power our meeting bots and stream raw audio/video.

For this approach we recommend starting with the Meeting Bot Starter Kit or the headless linux sample for a solid starting point.

Option 2: RTMP Streaming

You could also livestream to an RTMP endpoint and use the audio from the RTMP streams.

Here’s a great forum post that links to a lot of use cases and examples for this approach: Livestreaming using RTMP

Option 3: Video SDK

Another option is to use Zoom’s Video SDK for this. Here’s a blog post that includes a sample app and has a video walkthrough.

Option 4: Recall.ai API

Another alternative is to use the Recall.ai API for your meeting bots instead. It’s a simple 3rd party API that lets you use meeting bots to get raw audio/video from meetings without you needing to spend months to build, scale and maintain these bots.

Let me know if you have any questions!