UI Bug in WebSDK When Opening Chat Window and Putting in Waiting Room

Description
When Chat Window is Opened and host puts the audience in waiting room then after admitting the audience in waiting room again, UI shows black strip where chat was there.

Browser Console Error

Which Web Meeting SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create an event on web and join the event as a web audience and open the chat window.
  2. Now as a host put the audience in waiting room and after sometime admit the request again.
    –>On the right hand side black screen is visible and all the options are shifted from its place to the let hand side as if chat window is still open.
  3. Once audience again opens up the chat window then correct UI is started showing.

Screenshots

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: [e.g. Macbook Pro]
  • Browser: [e.g. Chrome]
  • Browser Version [e.g. 88.0.4324.150 (Official Build) (x86_64)]

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hi, @ali.syed.

Happy to look into this behavior on my end. Can you share if you are seeing that behavior with Component or Client View?

Hi @donte.zoom

Thanks for prompt reply

This is happening on Client View SDK.

Thank you for confirming the view, can you kindly share a screenshot of when all the options are shifted? I will work to reproduce the behavior on my end and place a bug ticket if needed.

Hey @donte.zoom

below is an attached screenshot,

when you click on chat again it’s fine again …

regards,
Syed Sadiq

@ali.syed,

When you say all options, are you referring to the Live and HelloTest1 as those options?

No, I mean the whole Zoom UI is shifted as if the chat window is still open, the problem it seems like it considers the chat window is still open, but it shows a black screen in it’s place, as you can see on the right side, that is the issue.

The Chat window should either be closed or open properly when again admitting the audience member.

I hope I am able to explain it.

regards,
Syed Sadiq

Got it, thank you for providing those additional details. After testing the workflow with our Web SDK 2.4.0, I could not reproduce the behavior. Perhaps I missing something or that behavior has been resolved in latest version-- would you kindly help to clarify if your application has UI customization? I’d also ask that you share a screenshot of any errors you are seeing in the console. This will help us better understand the root cause of the reported behavior.

Sample Web SDK 2.4.0

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.