Umd build 1.8.1

After having played with the websdk with CDN files (1.8.0), I installed locally with npm but the zoomus-websdk.umd.min.js (1.8.1) is built for ES6, not ES5 and does not load properly in browser

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘Component’ of undefined
at zoomus-websdk.umd.min.js:2
at Object. (zoomus-websdk.umd.min.js:2)
at n (zoomus-websdk.umd.min.js:2)

Hey @liane,

Can you please provide steps to reproduce the issue? I am not seeing this issue. Are you using a single page app framework like React or Angular?

If so, you can reference our Angular Web SDK sample app:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy, thanks for looking at this.

look at these files:

the CDN one: https://source.zoom.us/zoom-meeting-1.8.1.min.js
first line: // [Zoom Meeting Web Client WebSDK] 1.8.1_20200921_ES5_release - Monday, September 21st, 2020, 9:42:28 AM

the NPM one installed with npm install @zoomus/websdk@1.8.1: node_modules/@zoomus/websdk/dist/zoomus-websdk.umd.min.js
first line: // [Zoom Meeting Web Client WebSDK] 1.8.1_20200921_ES6_release - Monday, September 21st, 2020, 10:06:48 AM

This comment in itself is not a problem, but if you link this file without using a transpiler, javascript will choke because apart from being ES6, the NPM code relies on things like “require”, not really browser friendly

I plan to use the websdk in a single web page, and using npm will assure me of being up-to-date, but I think a UMD file should be used without needing to be transpiled to be used.

single steps to reproduce: just put this into a html page (after installing with npm of course):

<script src="node_modules/react/umd/react.production.min.js"></script>
<script src="node_modules/react-dom/umd/react-dom.production.min.js"></script>
<script src="node_modules/redux/dist/redux.min.js"></script>
<script src="node_modules/redux-thunk/dist/redux-thunk.min.js"></script>
<script src="node_modules/jquery/dist/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script src="node_modules/lodash/lodash.min.js"></script>
<script src="node_modules/@zoomus/websdk/dist/zoomus-websdk.umd.min.js"></script>

Thanks for the additional details @liane.

I will bring this up to our team and see what we can do. :slight_smile: (CS-2382)

-Tommy

1 Like

Hey @liane,

We are planning to fix this in Web SDK version 1.8.2. :slight_smile:

Stay updated here:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

@tommy Great news, thanks a lot!

1 Like

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

@tommy just updated to 1.8.3 and unfortunately, the files are still not built the same way:

https://source.zoom.us/zoom-meeting-1.8.3.min.js
// [Zoom Meeting Web Client WebSDK] 1.8.3_20201116_ES5_release - Monday, November 16th, 2020, 2:45:39 PM

node_modules/@zoomus/websdk/dist/zoomus-websdk.umd.min.js
// [Zoom Meeting Web Client WebSDK] 1.8.3_20201116_ES6_release - Monday, November 16th, 2020, 4:05:30 PM

Hey @liane,

Sorry to hear that. Let me check with our engineers to see if / why this was left out of the release.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @liane,

Apologies, this fix was not released in version 1.8.3. We are evaluating when we can include this.

Once I know the version number I will let you know. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @liane,

We will be adding an es5 Web SDK version to the npm repo when we release 1.8.5, it’s browser friendly. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey @liane,

ES5 support within the NPM package is now supported in Web SDK version 1.8.5.

Please see the release log for more details:

Thanks,
Tommy