(ACTION REQUIRED) Web SDK update version 1.8.5

Hello Zoom Developers, here are the updates for the Web SDK version 1.8.5 release:

Please note that as of January 10th, all older versions of the Web SDK (versions 1.8.3 and below) will no longer have computer audio functionality within meetings. Please upgrade to version 1.8.5 or above to avoid service disruption.

To complete alignment with Zoom’s security initiative, including the new AES 256-bit GCM encryption, we will disable un-encrypted audio within meetings that are not using AES 256-bit GCM audio encryption starting on Sunday, January 10, 2021.

As a result of this change, we are requiring all Web SDK users to upgrade their Web SDK integrations to the latest available version 1.8.5 that supports AES GCM encryption audio to avoid service interruptions. Read more here.

Now, let’s get to the exciting stuff! :slight_smile:

Additions

1. Support for Breakout Rooms.
  2. Support for Polling.
  3. Support for Live Transcription.
  4. Support for the host to use the Host key to claim the meeting as a host when meeting no host.
  5. Support reclaim host for joined use (role=1).
  6. Support to assign new hosts before leaving the meeting.
  7. Support for authentication names for starting and joining meetings from China.
  8. New AES-GCM encryption and decryption audio support.
  9. Support for logging out integrating within Zoom for authentication meeting.
  10. Init API add Enable/Disable Breakout Rooms and Polling option.

Enhancements

1. Redesigned the Report a user in-meeting form.
  2. Remove Jquery. all $.i18n -> ZoomMtg.i18n.
  3. Provided es5 support within the npm version.

Bug Fixes

1. Fixed bug that displays black screen when host starts screen sharing.
  2. Fixed UI issues where the Join Computer Audio button does not display properly within the small window.
  3. Fixed UI issue where Active speaker is covered by speaker name within the small window.
  4. Fixed issue where a user clicks Leave meeting and leave url does not work.
  5. Fixed issue where clicking Phone call buttons returns error & black screen.
  6. Fixed API issue where isSupportVA false.
  7. Fixed API showMeetingHeader false in waiting room black screen.
  8. Fixed UI issue where “Guest” title shows for all non hosts.

You can also see the update listed on our Changelog: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog

Thanks,
Tommy

Breakout rooms kinda work.

What doesn’t work:

1. Bringing user back to main session from breakout rooms. Closing rooms doesn’t seem to affect the users…they stay where they are.
  2. Allowing users to select a breakout room.

Hey @adamk, and everyone:

Please share any issues you experience here: #client-web-sdk and fill out the post template so we have enough information to help! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy,

You guys could not avoid to take everybody in hostage 2 days before the beginning of the end of the year ?
Especially an upgrade to a version out there from 1 days ago only, with no feedback (almost) yet, including breaking changes that requires to update our application code.

Companies have freeze period, employees leave for holidays you know. And all of this for security reasons ? Sorry i’m not buying it.

Any possibility to postpone this deadline by a week ?

5 Likes

Hey @nvivot,

Thank you for your feedback, I understand your concerns and will be sharing it with the team. I will advocate for you and all developers to get this date pushed back, but I can’t make any promises.

-Tommy

2 Likes

Hi @Tommy, any updates on the timelines?

Hey @ilya1,

The timeline has not changed, it will take effect on Jan 10th.

Thanks,
Tommy

Got it. Is it possible to give me time next time?

Hey @ilya1,

Do you mean for future versions after 1.8.5?

-Tommy

Yes, for any future release would be good to have more heads up for people have more time to upgrade and test all the edge cases. Especially, when it’s around the holidays :slight_smile:

Hey @ilya1,

Yes, forced updates are very rare, especially in a such short timeframe.

If a forced update is needed in the future, we will allot a longer upgrade time. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.