Unable to Download Zoom Phone Call Recording - Missing Blank [] Scopes

I created a Zoom Phone marketplace app for recording webhooks, when I recorded a call, I was able to get the call recording download link: https://zoom.us/v2/phone/recording/download/[redacted]

I then created a Server-to-Server OAuth app to get an access token:

{“access_token”:“[redacted]”,“token_type”:“bearer”,“expires_in”:3599,“scope”:“phone:read:list_call_logs:admin phone:read:call_log:admin phone:read:list_recordings:admin phone:read:list_recordings:master phone:read:list_call_queue_recordings:admin phone:read:list_call_queue_recordings:master phone:read:list_audios:admin phone:read:audio:admin phone:read:list_call_recordings:admin phone:read:call_recording:admin phone:delete:call_recording:admin phone:read:recording_transcript:admin phone:read:list_call_recordings:master phone:read:call_recording:master phone:delete:call_recording:master phone:read:recording_transcript:master phone:update:call_recording:admin phone:update:call_recording:master”}

I try to access using a CURL:
curl_setopt_array($ch, array(
CURLOPT_URL => $recording_url,
CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER => true,
CURLOPT_ENCODING => ‘’,
CURLOPT_MAXREDIRS => 10,
CURLOPT_TIMEOUT => 0,
CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION => true,
CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION => CURL_HTTP_VERSION_1_1,
CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST => ‘GET’,
CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER => array(
‘Content-Type: application/json’,
'Authorization: Bearer ’ . $access_token
),
));

However, I get this error in the result:
{“code”:104,“message”:“Invalid access token, does not contain scopes:.”}

Do these need to be within the same app (i.e., do I need to move the webhook subscriptions into my Server to Server OAuth app)? How can I fix this issue?

3 Likes

Hi @joeyharrington ,

See below:

Hi @gianni.zoom,

The x-zm-trackingid is:
WEB_8fb43ce084e319781fad4e0e5616b5cc

Also related to https://devforum.zoom.us/t/zoom-app-granular-and-optional-scopes-feature-missing-scope-and-reverting-to-classic

@gianni.zoom any update? We’re now going on a week with this issue with no help

Hi @joeyharrington ,

It’s being looked into (ZSEE-125372).

Thanks @gianni.zoom. Is there an ETA?

Hi @joeyharrington @kdawgwilk-elephant ,

Not sure the ETA, but this is being actively worked on. I’ll share updates as they become available (ZOOM-706645).

Hi @joeyharrington @kdawgwilk-elephant ,

Can you please try re-adding the scopes now and generating a new access token for the endpoint?

This finally started working

1 Like

Regarding the above one. How to put that into work?

Thanks for confirming @joeyharrington ! @kdawgwilk-elephant were you able to test this?