[Zoom Web Meeting SDK v.2.4.0] Error 'no audio joined'

Hello. I’m using Meeting SDK with web View Component.
When i try to mute a user who still haven’t connected the audio and i recieve this error:

It’s ok, but i want to know where i can caught that error
Thank you!

[SDK v.2.4.0]

• Device: Macbook Pro
  • Browser: Chrome
  • Browser Version 100.0.4896.127 (x86_64)

Hi @Jotazo

Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom developer forum.
Unfortunately I am not able to replicate this issue on my end.
When I try to mute a user who still have not connected the audio I do not receive that error in the console.

Could you provide more details so I can replicate this?
Thanks
Elisa

Hi @elisa.zoom

I’m gonna try to explain.
I have a button like this:

That button mute and unmute the user with this function

function muteUser(isMuted: boolean, userId: number){
  ZoomMtgEmbedded.mute(!isMuted, userId)
}

At first time, when user connects, with the zoom url, with a phone, maybe, user starts with audio closed. In that case, when i try to unmute user from that button it throws that error, cause the user doesn’t connected audio yet.

I must also comment, that when i start the meeting after ZoomMtgEmbedded.init({...}) it throws this error too:

Thanks!

Hi, @Jotazo,

Thank you for posting in the Developer Forum – happy to help! When you say you are trying to mute a user who still hasn’t connected the audio, do you mean the user is in the waiting room? It is not clear what state the user is in. It is my understanding when the host selects “Ask to Unmute”, the end-user will be prompt to either “Unmute” or “Stay Muted”. Is this the workflow will you are seeking guidance with ?

Host View

End User View

You may also want to check out the Mute method in the Web SDK reference.

https://marketplacefront.zoom.us/sdk/meeting/web/ZoomMtg.html#mute

Hi @donte.zoom

I mean, for example, when a mobile user starts in the meeting, not in the waiting room, the zoom app has this view:

User hasn’t joined with audio yet and, at this moment, if host try to mute this user, it’s when the error commented before comes.
The computer user, can be at same situation if he closes audio like that:

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.