Unable to hit Account level API's

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
I have created an free account on Zoom where I am the admin of that account. I have Created an JWT APP for it and trying to work on API’s. I am able to work on User API’s like (v2/users/AaiaS6XhRgC0ImCz9pYT9A) with JWT but when I work on any Account related API like(v2/accounts/r1Cd8MevSoS2gHIA6p3Y3Q/recordings) with same JWT it given error as “code”: 124,“message”: “Invalid access token.”

Error
Constantly getting same error message on all account level API
{

"code": 124,
"message": "Invalid access token."

}

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Auth Type : JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
https://api.zoom.us/v2/accounts/r1Cd8MevSoS2gHIA6p3Y3Q/recordings

Screenshots (If applicable)

Hey @raghavendra.teli,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. When you make this request using a JWT token, and you are referring to your own account, try using the /me context instead of the account ID.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM,

Actually I was trying it for my account and test it and going forward I wanted to test it for different Client account.

For My account it worked with me, but I need to connect with Different Client Paid accounts and try this API.
In that case will the same API with /account/{accountID} works?

Regards,
Raghav.

Hey @raghavendra.teli,

Just to clarify, is the account that you are trying to access a sub-account of the account where you got the credentials? Or is it a separate account entirely?

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM ,
The account that worked with /me was the one I created myself (Basic and Free) from my gmail Id without any plans and subscription.
But the one I want to use further is a Paid Admin account.

Hey @raghavendra.teli,

When using a JWT token, you’ll only be able to access your own account. This is because a JWT App provides account level credentials intended for server-to-server apps.

If you wanted to call this API on behalf of another account you’ll want to publish an OAuth App.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM ,

In case if I have a client abc and they use Zoom and they have setup JWT in their account. ANd they have shared the JWT with me. In that case,
Can I hit API recording API and connect to their account?
If yes, what would be the resource path?

Regards,
Raghav

Hey @raghavendra.teli,

If you have the JWT token for another account, which we don’t recommend, you would still call the /me context because you would be calling the API on behalf of that account.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM ,

Thanks a lot for the clarification it helps.
Will try to go ahead and build and in case found difficulty while implementing will post it here.

Regards,
Raghav.

Thanks, Max
It helps

@raghavendra.teli @Manisha4

Great! I’m glad that was helpful. I’ll go ahead and close this topic now but feel free to open a new topic if you encounter any further issues or questions.

Max