Unable to join meeting ionic app

Hi @chunsiong.zoom,

We also have an application developed in ionic that is put into production.

Could you share the solution shared that you mention in the forum to the email even if it is not the official one?

Since we are testing to update the plugin using the Native SDKs, but I have not yet succeeded.

My email is [redacted]

Thank you very much for your help

Hi @chunsiong.zoom

We also have an application developed in ionic that is put into production.
Could you please share the solution over email.

my email id is [redacted]

Thank you

Hi,

Is there anyone who is able to successfully update ionic to 5.9.0 or above as minimum version requirement is 5.9.0 after 5 November.

Please help

Hey all and @chunsiong.zoom,

Iā€™ve got myself into a bit of a bind because of the Ionic plugin, and itā€™s affecting a major client.
Iā€™ve started working with the break fix, but Iā€™ve got myself into a bit of a dead end, so I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on getting around this part: Trying to build the ionic sample app, I get this issue:

Android resource linking failed
     ERROR:/home/fonemd/.gradle/caches/transforms-3/fe1bfd91c65e607c8365c56b4dc31e91/transformed/jetified-mobilertc/res/values/values.xml:2753:5-2758:10: AAPT: error: style attribute 'attr/itemRippleColor (aka us.zoom.ionicdemo:attr/itemRippleColor)' not found.

Iā€™m using material 1.0.0.rc-1 and androidx.appcompat 1.0.0 SDK 30 and build tools 30.0.0 and Gradle 7.3.3

Iā€™ve tried with material 1.1.0 and androidx.appcompat 1.1.0 as well, and I get the same error.

Hoping someone has seen and solved this issueā€¦ Google has failed me!!!

Hi Chung!

Could you please share it with me. My email is [redacted]
Thank you!

could you please share its version [redacted]

hey @martin.ley @bhamra can you guys help me with it or can share sdk

As it happens that the latest version of the ionic plugin will also cease to work within a few weeks and there is no update from Zoom Inc., I took a look at the plugin and adapted it to work with the latest zoom SDK for Android and iOS.

But beware: I tested only the features that our use-case requires, which is joining existing meetings without login as guest. I cannot provide any active support for this plugin, but I am happy to accept pull/merge requests.

@chunsiong.zoom AFAIK the Cordova/Ionic plugin was published under the ISC license, which allows it to be modified and redistributed. If you feel I violated any copyrights, please let me know, and I will take it down. The project does not contain the binary Zoom libraries, only the JS, Java and Objective-C wrapper code of the cordova plugin.

2 Likes

@martin.ley
Thanks for sharing the SDK. It will help many here.
I was also working on it and successfully made it to work with 5.9.0 but login part didnā€™t work.
at least we have something that our apps wonā€™t stop working again on Nov 5.

now on click of join meeting app nothing is happening .Please help

Hi @martin.ley

I am getting this error. when i update the zoom.java file Can you please help me?

I am using ionic capacitor 6.18.1
ā€œcordova.plugin.zoomā€: ā€œ4.6.2166-6.603ā€,
Zoom SDK Android version -5.12.2.9109

error: lambda expressions are not supported in -source 1.7
cordova.getActivity().runOnUiThread(() ā†’ {
^
(use -source 8 or higher to enable lambda expressions)

It looks like youā€™re using a Java version below JDK version 8. You need at least JDK version 8.

Hi @chunsiong tan,
Please share me the plugin. my email id is

myemailid

saranya.venu@gmail.com

Hi @chunsiong.zoom ,
Could you please share me the plugin.

Hi @saranya.venu

Zoom doesnā€™t support the ionic plugin any more and the latest version they provided a few months back also does not work anymore because of Zoomā€™s minimum version API requirement. I took the open source part of the plugin and modified to work with a working version of the Android and iOS Zoom plugin. Itā€™s not much, but it works for our use-cases and i wanted to share my effort with the community.

Please take a look here: Martin Ley / Cordova Zoom Plugin Ā· GitLab

If youā€™re familiar with Zoom, JS/TS, Java or ObjectiveC youā€™re welcome to improve the plugin and send pull-requests.

Thank You @martin.ley . I will try that

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.