Unable to join session using sample app

Description
Unable to join session using the Android Sample App
I am using auth sample from GitHub - zoom/videosdk-auth-endpoint-sample: Generate a Video SDK JWT to join Zoom Video SDK sessions with the Video SDK.

Generating signature using the following payload

{
  "sessionName": "cool cars",
  "role": 1,
  "sessionKey": "session123",
  "userIdentity": "user123"
}

Generated signature

{
    "signature": "eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJhcHBfa2V5Ijoid3l5eWxlRk5uNnREZktXd3NtM3BlT2dyRHlWSEtnNDJIbjZpIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6MSwiaWF0IjoxNjk1ODkwMjM1LCJleHAiOjE2OTU4OTc0MzV9.O_9rB_vNyEVNHGh2Cw2aWER-CpAOrL2fspeJABTYzLM"
}

Which Android Video SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Open the Android Sample app
  2. Click on Join session
  3. Enter the session details
  4. A toast with message “Session error: 1508” is shown

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Troubleshooting Routes
The troubleshooting attempt types you’ve already exhausted, including testing with the appropriate sample app (found on Zoom · GitHub).

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: Nokia T10

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hi @sohel-skylark,

Could you try working with this sample application and the embedded authentication generator and let me know if you’re able to get it running?

Thanks,
Rehema

Not sure if that would help. We are trying to setup the sample app to help with debugging a crash - Crash when removing earphones - #4 by donte.zoom

We would like to keep the variables minimal, we are using 1.6.0 version of the video SDK. At the time of integration, we were able to test using the sample app provided. Is this no longer possible?

Hi @sohel-skylark ,

Understood, thank you for clarifying that. Based on another forum post, it seems this issue is related to the tpc field of your JWT. It has to match the sessionName value provided when trying to join the session. If that is not the case, could you change them to match and let me know if the issue is resolved? This is the mentioned post.

Thanks,
Rehema

I was not able to get it working with the jwt generated using the sample - GitHub - zoom/videosdk-auth-endpoint-sample: Generate a Video SDK JWT to join Zoom Video SDK sessions with the Video SDK..

As per the docs sessionName has to be specified and not tpc or topic. I was able to get the sample app working with the token generated by our own app.

We have found the root cause to be calling ZoomVideoSDK.getInstance().cleanup() after ZoomVideoSDK.getInstance().leaveSession(true).

As per the docs, it is not clear what this method actually does. It would be really helpful if you could elaborate on what it does and if it is okay to not call this method. The sample app doesn’t call this method.

Hello @rehema.zoom, any update on this issue?

Hi @sohel-skylark ,

I apologize for the delayed response. I see that you were able to get the sample app working with your generated token, but you’re still having trouble with the linked application. It’s mentioned here (under the payload section, the ‘tpc’ row) that the topic in the payload should be the same as the one in the join session context when trying to join the meeting. After checking with engineers, the error you’re getting is more likely to be related to a mismatch there, rather than the methods you mentioned. Have you had a chance to check your ‘tpc’ value for your JWT and ensure that it matches the session name you used?

Thanks,
Rehema

@rehema.zoom Any update on this?

@rehema.zoom Any update on this?

@donte.zoom Would you please help with this issue?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.