Unable to join webinar using web sdk 1.9.1

Unable to join a zoom webinar (without registration) using zoom web sdk 1.9.1

Error message: {method: “join”, status: false, result: “The current sdk version doesn’t support webinar, please upgrade to the latest version.”, errorMessage: “Fail to join the meeting.”, errorCode: 1} (meeting.js, line 84)

Web Client SDK version - 1.9.1

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Using a webinar zoom link, try to join the meeting (Sample Zoom sdk app was used).
  2. The above mentioned error is shown in the console

Basically the combinations that work are

Is this the expected behaviour ?

Hey @priyavarshini.muruga ,

Currently the Client Web SDK does not support Webinars that have registration set to manually approve.

However, the Client Web SDK does support Webinars that have registration to auto approve:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy.

By authentication I meant ‘sign in to zoom’ option and not the manual or auto approval flow. Can you please confirm the correctness of the attached table ?

Do you have any plans or ETA for adding the unsupported combinations in the future releases ?

Hey @priyavarshini.muruga ,

Gotcha, currently joining Authenticated Webinars is not supported with the Web Client SDK, but you can join Authenticated Meetings:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello @tommy

Just to be sure: this is only true for webinars but not for meetings?

Thanks
David

Hey @Videda,

That’s correct, currently registration required meetings are not supported by the Web SDK.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks for the clarification @MaxM

I’m glad to hear that helped! I’ll go ahead and close this topic now but feel free to open a new topic if you encounter any further issues or questions.

Max