Unable to join preregistered email to meeting using web client sdk 1.9.1

Description
I have created a meeting with registration enabled and auto approval of registrants and also added two registrants using Zoom API. When I try to join a meeting as guest using web client sdk (1.9.1) I get following error

Error
{ "method": "join", "status": false, "result": "The current sdk version doesn't support register meeting/webinar, please upgrade to the latest version.", "errorMessage": "Fail to join the meeting.", "errorCode": 1 }

Which Web Client SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create a meeting with registration and auto approve and add registrants to the meeting.
  2. run sample-web-app
  3. Input all needed values as follow
  4. Press Join

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: Desktop
  • Browser: Firefox
  • Browser Version 87.0 (64-bit)

Hi @appointment,

Thank you for using the Developer Forum. That behavior is expected, currently the Web SDK only supports Webinar Registration. Please see this developer forum post for more details:

Also, I’ve linked our Join a Webinar documentation for your reference below:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/web/build/webinars/join#joining-webinars-with-registration-required

If anything is unclear, please let me know.

Kindly,
Donte

1 Like

Thanks,

Right now I’ve change the way I create the meeting so to make things work. But I’ll read and change the implementation based documentation.

Again thanks

Hi @appointment,

You’re welcome! It was a pleasure supporting you. Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best,
Donte

1 Like

Have you considered allowing the Create a meeting with registration for Web SDK in future releases?

Hi, @narciso.parra,

Thank you for using Zoom and for writing us. Currently create a meeting with registration is not supported however it will be in a future release. It is important to note the the Web SDK has support for joining a registered webinar. More in-depth details are provided in this Developer forum post here.

To stay up-to-date with any new or upcoming features, check out the change log and upcoming changes pages.

Best,
Donte

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.