When starting to Live Stream a Meeting, a "Preparing" state never resolves and streaming never starts

Description
When attempting to start live streaming a meeting via the API, I occasionally encounter a stalled condition in which the Zoom meeting reports the message “Preparing” and never starts streaming:
Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 9.39.50 AM

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Oauth

Which Endpoint/s?
/meetings/{meetingId}/livestream

/meetings/{meetingId}/livestream/status
payload: action: start

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Issue only happens occasionally, in a process like this:

1. Start the meeting
  2. Make an API call to update meeting details with stream url and stream key
    /meetings/{meetingId}/livestream
  3. Make an API call to start streaming the meeting
    /meetings/{meetingId}/livestream/status

Occasionally the meeting hangs, reports “Preparing” and does not start streaming. Neither of the API calls return an error. Is there any way to prevent this?

Hey @HenryW,

Please provide more information on the streaming service that you’re connecting to. Are you using a custom livestreaming service?

Thanks,
Max

Yes, we are connected to a custom livestreaming service, using stream URL and stream key.

Hi,
I am also facing the same issue. When updating the streaming status via the api, occasionally it displays the “preparing” message and disappears after sometime. But the api response is always success.

Hey @HenryW @subeesh.n,

Do you happen to have any examples of the Meeting IDs and approximate times you initiated the livestream via API? This will help us to further investigate.

Thanks,
Will

Hello will,
I tried to update live stream status of a test meeting via zoom API having meeting Id 94866431576, at around 7:10 PM. It displays “preparing…” and disappears after a while without start streaming. Actual meeting time is 2020/12/07 from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Hope this will help.

Thanks,
devsupport

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this example, @devsupport! We are looking into this (ZOOM-224852).

I’ll be in touch,
Will

Hi will,
Is there any update?

Thanks,
Subeesh

Hi Subesh,

Thanks for following up on this—our team is still investigating this. I hope to have an update for you shortly.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.