Unable to pick settings in us.zoom.config.plist

Zoom Apps Configuration
We tried it with regular Zoom mac app and Zoom IT mac app.

Description

I want to configure Zoom’s setting by pushing plist file to the device from MDM.

After pushing the customized us.zoom.config.plist to my macOS device through MDM, I am able to find plist file over /Library/Managed Preferences folder, but Zoom’s default behavior doesn’t change at all.

I tried to restart my machine, reinstall Zoom app, push different plist content, and none of these helped me to achieve my goal. Would you let me know if I missed anything?

I also include the plist content below, please let me know if the format has any issues. Thank you in advance.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>PayloadContent</key>
	<array>
		<dict>
			<key>PayloadDisplayName</key>
			<string>us.zoom.config.plist</string>
			<key>PayloadIdentifier</key>
			<string>us.zoom.config.F9953132-51DD-405B-9989-595CEF531A17</string>
			<key>PayloadType</key>
			<string>us.zoom.config</string>
			<key>PayloadUUID</key>
			<string>F9953132-51DD-405B-9989-595CEF531A17</string>
			<key>PayloadVersion</key>
			<integer>1</integer>
			<key>ZDisableVideo</key>
			<true/>
			<key>zDisableChat</key>
			<true/>
            	<key>NoFacebook</key>
			<true/>
			<key>NoGoogle</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
	</array>
	<key>PayloadDisplayName</key>
	<string>us.zoom.config.plist</string>
	<key>PayloadIdentifier</key>
	<string>Wills-Macbook-Pro.F7329566-3114-452D-AF7C-3F03D825745E</string>
	<key>PayloadType</key>
	<string>Configuration</string>
	<key>PayloadUUID</key>
	<string>35B0FD44-754C-4162-86BB-51B34A78110s5</string>
	<key>PayloadVersion</key>
	<integer>2</integer>
</dict>
</plist>

Error?
There is no error message. The settings were not pick up.

Troubleshooting Routes

How To Reproduce
You can install us.zoom.config.plist I attached above to /Library/Managed Preferences and watch if your Zoom app won’t turn on the camera automatically, disable the chat function, and disable FB/Google login.

Anyone can help to respond this question?

@angeloh make sure you are deploying the Zoom pkg (ZoomInstallerIT.pkg) for IT admins. Go to Download Center for Zoom Apps and Plugins | Zoom, then top right corner, you will see the link “Download for IT Admin”.

If you deploy this Zoom version and if your us.zoom.config.plist is in your /Library/Managed Preferences, then when the Zoom app starts it will read in the us.zoom.config.

Hi Angelo,

Sure, I can help you with configuring Zoom settings on your macOS device using an MDM. It looks like you’ve already pushed a customized us.zoom.config.plist file to your device through MDM, but Zoom’s default behavior isn’t changing at all. You’ve tried restarting your machine, reinstalling Zoom, and pushing different plist content, but nothing seems to be working.

Based on the plist content you provided, it seems like you want to disable video, chat, and Facebook/Google login. However, there is no error message, and the settings were not picked up.

One possible troubleshooting route you can take is to check if the MDM successfully installed the plist file on your device, and if it’s located in the correct directory (/Library/Managed Preferences). You can also try verifying the plist file’s format and contents to make sure it’s properly configured to achieve your desired settings.

If you can provide more information about your MDM and device setup, I may be able to give more specific recommendations to help you resolve this issue.

Regards,
Bryce June

If you’re still having issues with this, please reach out to our Customer Support Team