Unable to set authentication option while scheduling a meeting if meeting authentication is false in user setting

Description
We have a global authentication option which filter the users with specific domain. It will automatically set the domain authentication option when meeting_authentication is true before. However we cannot set the correct authentication option when we schedule a meeting by API or web now. It will set the authentication option to “Signin Zoom” by default. If we set the authentication option as a parameter, it said that the authentication option is missing until we enable the meeting authentication under the user setting.

Error
Unable to set authentication option while scheduling a meeting if meeting authentication is false in user setting

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
{{baseUrl}}/users/:userId/meetings

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create a specific domain authentication option
  2. Disable meeting authentication under user setting
  3. Create meeting with authentication option

Hey @bscng,

Please share your request body JSON so I can debug.

Thanks,
Tommy

This is the request body.
{
“topic”: “Testing with authentication option”,
“type”: 2,
“start_time”: “2020-05-25T18:00:00”,
“duration”: 120,
“settings”: {
“meeting_authentication”:true,
“authentication_option”: “Yw3xHbKAS72Ffs2Dsflx6w”
}
}

Here is the response.
{
“code”: 300,
“message”: “This authentication option does not exist.”
}

Hey @bscng,

Thanks for sharing the request body, are you getting the authentication_option from the Get User Settings endpoint?

Thanks,
Tommy

Yes, I can get the authentication_option from this endpoint if we enable the meeting authentication under the user setting. However, if user hasn’t enabled this option, we cannot assign authentication_option by using create meeting API. I could do this before, but I cannot now.

Hey @bscng,

Is the user setting locked at the account level by any chance?

Thanks,
Tommy

No, we have not locked the setting in account level while we have the problem. On the contrary, we have to lock the setting of meeting authentication to be true if we have to create meeting with authentication option with specific domain by API or in web.

Hey @bscng,

So you are saying in order to set specific domain via API, it only works if you lock the “Only authenticated users can join meetings” settings?

Thanks,
Tommy