Unable to upload app with latest SDK to App Store Connect

Description
App Store Connect presents an error message when uploading an app that uses the latest Zoom SDK for iOS. Uploading with older versions of the SDK we do not have this issue. The error message is:

Invalid CFBundleSupportedPlatforms value. The CFBundleSupportedPlatforms key in the Info.plist file in “Payload/AppName.app/MobileRTCResources.bundle/zdcRes.bundle” bundle contains an invalid value, [iPhoneSimulator]. Consider removing the CFBundleSupportedPlatforms key from the Info.plist file. If this bundle is part of a third-party framework, consider contacting the developer of the framework for an update to address this issue. (ID: cc68299c-5c93-44f2-a984-9370c1dd4450)

Which iOS Meeting SDK version?
v5.12.8.5463

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Build an app with the latest Zoom SDK
  2. Upload to App Store Connect
  3. See error
1 Like

@jeremy.provost,

Thank you for reporting this issue! I wanted to check in to see if you’re still seeing the same behavior. If so, I am happy to report this matter to our engineering team and back to you with what I learn. In the meantime, I see that this issue was reported and resolved in the past [SEE-56974]. It looks like as a temporary solution, you could remove the zdcRes.bundle in the MobileRTCResources.bundle.

Let me know if you have any questions about this – I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

1 Like

Hi @donte.zoom. Yes, we found that workaround and used it for our current release. But as far as I know this is still an issue with the latest version of the Zoom SDK that is currently available for iOS.

Thanks for the quick response, @jeremy.provost! I’ve reported this issue internally and will provide updates on what I learn.

Should you have any questions or comments, please feel free to respond in this thread.

Best,
Donte

Following up, when uploading an App, Apple does not allow packaging and it with the simulator. This is why the error suggests "considering removing the CFBundleSupportedPlatforms key from the Info.plist file. If this bundle is part of a third-party framework, consider contacting the developer of the framework for an update to address this issue. "

To this point, this is a known behavior that has since been addressed in version 5.13.0 of the iOS SDK. Please update your App to the latest version to avoid the “Invalid CFBundleSupportedPlatforms value” error message. Or remove the zdcRes.bundle in the MobileRTCResources.bundle if you wish not to update the version of the SDK.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

Where can we find version 5.13.0 of the SDK? The latest available version for download is 5.12.8.5463.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.