V5.10.6.3611 Causing App Store Validation Issues

Hello! I am trying to publish an update to my app using the latest iOS Meeting SDK v5.10.6.3611 however I am getting validation errors preventing me from doing so. It is related to the MobileRTCResources bundle under the key CFBundleSupportedPlatforms including an invalid option. Here is the error:

ERROR ITMS-90542: “Invalid CFBundleSupportedPlatforms value. The CFBundleSupportedPlatforms key in the Info.plist file in “…/MobileRTCResources.bundle/zdcRes.bundle” bundle contains an invalid value, [iPhoneSimulator]. Consider removing the CFBundleSupportedPlatforms key from the Info.plist file. If this bundle is part of a third-party framework, consider contacting the developer of the framework for an update to address this issue.”

Any suggestions or help on how to resolve this? I am new to these forums and not sure if there is a way to raise a support ticket with Zoom regarding it either?

Thank you for your help!

2 Likes

If any here come across this issue… the only workaround I found that worked was to use the resources bundle from v5.10.3.3244.

Hi @brenden, thanks for using our SDK.

Can you please check whether this is reproducible in the SDK sample app so we can determine if it’s something related to your environment or something specific to your project?

Thanks!

Hello @jon.zoom thank you for replying. In order to do that requires me to create an app with the AppStore, archive, and upload to Apple. Given the sample app is something owned by your team, it might be better to attempt that on your end? This error isn’t a build time error or a runtime error. It is a validation error from Apple’s AppStore when uploading app to them for distribution.

Any update on the same. Facing the same issue while uploading to app store

Hello @jon.zoom ,

Same here. Any update?

I can confirm that this is an issue for me too. Uploading from Xcode version 13.4.1.

I deleted the zdcRes.bundle as a workaround, the SDK appears to still function as expected in my case.

1 Like

@tony_mz Thank you for your workaround!

We are facing the same issue, even using the latest SDK 5.11. Any resolution from Zoom?

We got this following error message with SDK v5.11.2.3958.

Invalid CFBundleSupportedPlatforms value. The CFBundleSupportedPlatforms key in the Info.plist file in “Payload/XXXXX.app/MobileRTCResources.bundle/zdcRes.bundle” bundle contains an invalid value, [iPhoneSimulator]. Consider removing the CFBundleSupportedPlatforms key from the Info.plist file. If this bundle is part of a third-party framework, consider contacting the developer of the framework for an update to address this issue. With error code STATE_ERROR.VALIDATION_ERROR.90542 for id

@jon.zoom We also got the following error message with SDK v5.11.2.3958 while uploading the release build on AppStore connect.

Invalid CFBundleSupportedPlatforms value. The CFBundleSupportedPlatforms key in the Info.plist file in “Payload/XXXXX.app/MobileRTCResources.bundle/zdcRes.bundle” bundle contains an invalid value, [iPhoneSimulator]. Consider removing the CFBundleSupportedPlatforms key from the Info.plist file. If this bundle is part of a third-party framework, consider contacting the developer of the framework for an update to address this issue.

Is there any update on this issue?

I am experimenting the same issue

I am using meeting SDK version v5.10.6.3611

The issue is related to the resource bundle zdcRes.bundle embedded in MobileRTCResources.bundle
The Info.plist related to zdcRes.bundle contains platform and sdk reference to iphonesimulator and it is definitely not good for publishing.

Currently the only workaround that I’ve found is to delete zdcRes.bundle but I am not sure about which can be the side effects of this dirty solution.

Any news? any advices? My app publishing is stuck for this issue.

Hi @brenden , @Arpit_DIY , @junya1001 , @tony_mz , @jeremy.provost , @usman.awan , @criva , apologies for the issue here, we see how this is an unfortunate block for you.

This will be fixed in the upcoming release 5.11.3, which is targeting tomorrow (could be delayed, but very short term).

The temporary solution is to remove the zdcRes.bundle file in the MobileRTCRecources.bundle

1 Like

@michael.zoom still facing the same issue and hasn’t seen the 5.11.3 release yet. Can you please look for the release with a fix for this issue?

Hi @kamaljit and @brenden , @Arpit_DIY , @junya1001 , @tony_mz , @jeremy.provost , @usman.awan , @criva , iOS Meeting SDK v5.11.3 has been released and can be accessed on the Marketplace:

Changelog:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.