Understanding how to start with an API

Description
I new new to Zoom API. I want to understand how using the information here https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingpollcreate I do something ??? to add a poll to a scheduled meeting in my PRO account. I can change the code in the example part to meet my needs, my question and answer but where do I put it, the OAUTH2 part I don’t understand also true for the schema part. What is the stuff in the RESPONSE part all about. After where do I put it, how do I run it? I am guessing meetingid is followed by the meeting number that I want to add the pool to.
I need help in how to pull this all together. HELP! Once I understand I am sure I’ll end up writing code to pull the questions and answers from files on my PC and generate the necessary code for the API. Much like I did for KML files for GoogleEarth.

Hey @kleidner,

There are two authentication options for calling our APIs:

1. OAuth.
  2. JWT.

Let me know if that helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Not much I don’t understand how to start / run the code. What do I need. Is it “put” the code in a text file and then …. Or what do you do?

Hey @kleidner,

You will need to code HTTP requests to communicate with the Zoom API. The code will then be hosted on a server.

I suggest finding a developer that can help you get started. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

OK any ideas on who to find a developer to help point me in the correct direction. I sort of thought that was what the forum was about.

Hey @kleidner,

Unfortunately we don’t refer or recommend any developers or development firms.

Thanks,
Tommy