Unsupported grant type error

Hello,

I’m getting "unsupported grant type error " error while trying to get the access token. I’m using Server-to-Server OAuth App. Here is the cURL code,

curl --location ‘https://zoom.us/oauth/token
–header ‘Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded’
–header ‘Authorization: Basic {base64 clientid:clientsecret}’
–data-urlencode ‘grant_type=account_credentials’
–data-urlencode ‘account_id={accountid}’

Response:
{
“reason”: “unsupported grant type”,
“error”: “unsupported_grant_type”
}

Please help me to solve the problem!

@rajeev.chandran can you try to make the same request through POSTMAN or a similar tool and see if you are still seeing the error?

Hello,

Despite several attempts, the problem persists. When using POSTMAN and passing the Account ID as the Account Number under the Profile section, I still receive the same error :
Response:
{
“reason”: “unsupported grant type”,
“error”: “unsupported_grant_type”
}

Interestingly, when I use the Grant Type as “client_credentials,” I can successfully obtain the access token. However, this token is not functional when making other API calls, such as Meeting Creation or Fetch User Info. I received the following error:
{
“code”: 200,
“message”: “Account does not enable REST API.”
}

I appreciate your ongoing assistance in resolving this matter.

This is probably something simple but I am not able to troubleshoot it just by the information provided. I am sending you a meeting link to schedule a meeting with me… Lets troubleshoot it over the meeting.

1 Like

Please share the meeting link. I will attend the meeting.

The issue has been resolved.

I was trying with a different APP type, not the Server OAuth Application credentials.

Thank you for the prompt assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.