Unsupported grant type

The Api :- https://zoom.us/oauth/token

Error:- {
“reason”: “unsupported grant type”,
“error”: “unsupported_grant_type”
}

I am calling the api using Postman and passing the grant-type as account_credentials and also the account id . It is a POST request. Also the content-type is set to x-www-form-url-encoded . But the response is the error pasted above.

Let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Hi @bmalik , is this for Server-to-Server OAuth or OAuth2?

Since, you’re passing grant type as account_credentials, it sounds like your intended use is for S2S. You can verify the exact set up you need for either in our public workspace:

OAuth 2 Postman Workspace: Postman

Server-to-Server: Postman

For S2S, no request body format is needed (unlike with OAuth 2.0):

Hi,

This for Server to Server Oauth . I have already tried using the public workspace but run into the same problem. I can give a demo also if needed.

Thanks,
Bhawana

How to fetch the account_id required to get the access token . Right now I am using the account number displayed on the user profile page . Is that correct?

1 Like

Hi ,

I understood where I had been going wrong . I was using SDKkey and secret instead of Client Id and secret of Server to Server Auth app and also the account number was wrong. I could finally generate the access token. You can close the ticket now.

Thanks,
Bhawana

Yes this is correct and I’m glad it’s now resolved!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.