Unusable host created by API - Error: sign in to start the meeting

Description
A pro API user (login_type 99) can not start any created meeting.
Host ID: qa_faCeaTOmECK3IDnJFvw

Error
If you are the meeting host, sign in to start the meeting

Which Endpoint/s?
POST https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/qa_faCeaTOmECK3IDnJFvw/meetings

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

curl --location --request POST 'https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/qa_faCeaTOmECK3IDnJFvw/meetings' \
--header 'Authorization: Bearer X' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--data-raw '{
  "topic": "Topico"
}'
  1. Follow the returned “start_url”
  2. See the error, can not join.

Screenshots (If applicable)

Additional context
I have more than 100 hosts created like this one, using the API with login_type 99, but only this one is not able not join his meetings.

Hi @Emanuel_Aguirree

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!

Could you please share with me the entire request body that you are sending when making this POST request, so I can help you debugging this issue?

Thanks
Elisa

It is there on the first step on how to reproduce.

Hi @Emanuel_Aguirre

From the request body that you are sharing here, you are only passing the “topic”, that could be the reason why this host can not start the meeting.

I would encourage you to pass more arguments in the request, in order to create a more specific meeting

Here is the documentation for calling the Create meeting endpoint Create Meeting

Thanks,
Elisa

From the request body that you are sharing here, you are only passing the “topic”, that could be the reason why this host can not start the meeting.

A guess is not an answer. I would rather get an sincere “I don’t know”.

Here is the documentation for calling the Create meeting endpoint Create Meeting

Have you read the documentation? It points there is no need for any parameter when using this endpoint. All of them are optional.
So having one or ten parameters on the requests body makes no difference.

We deleted this bugged Zoom host user to fix this issue. You can close this topic or do whatever you want as usual.

Hi @Emmanuel_Aguirre

Please let me know if is this happens again and if it does share, please provide us with the start url for the meeting so we can debug further.

Sorry for the inconvenience
Regards,
Elisa Levet