Unable to start meeting. Getting errors: “You cannot start the meeting (Meeting ID) because it is hosted by another user” and “If you are the meeting host, sign in to start the meeting (Meeting ID)”

A similar issue was already discussed in year-2020 and its link is this. This issue is already closed and hence I have to start a new discussion.

We create the Zoom-meetings using JWT and two of our users has issues with starting the meeting using the meeting-start link we provide for it. We ignore the meeting-start url returned when the meeting is created. Instead, we always obtain a fresh URL by accessing the Meeting-details through an API call, before providing the meeting-start url to the meeting-host.

I can provide examples of URLs for two different meetings, the one that work, and the one that always forces the user to login. May I know how to send the link privately to a support person?

Regards, Matt

Hi @msimon_simdol

Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!
I understand that you are having a similar issue than the one shared here:

The original issue should have been resolved. Could you please ensure that you don’t have join_before_host disabled? If you want to share an example Meeting ID, I’m happy to help take a closer look along with the example URLs. you can send those to developersupport@zoom.us

Best,
Elisa

Hello Elisa,
Thank you for your kind words.
I have created a ticket #13149188 for this with Zoom. Mr. Bryan Williams (Zoom Video Communications) is assigned to this ticket.
Regards, Matt

Hi @msimon_simdol
I am happy to hear that you are receiving some help from us already!
Cheers,
Elisa

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.