Update language via update user-API not working

Attempting to update language via PATCH : https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/{emailAddress} endpoint with “language” : “zh-CN” as an example.
204 returned and I can see that the Chinese language is selected from the dropdown but not saved to the profile.

Looking for help with high priority.

Hi @arpithabelli20
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer forum, I am happy to help here!
I am not able to replicate this on my end when I call the Patch user endpoint and pass this request body:

{ 
"language" : "zh-CN" 
}

I get a 204 code and also it gets updated in the UI.
Can you try again and call the Get a user endpoint right after to see if it worked?
Thanks,
Elisa

Hi Elisa, Thanks for the information.

As you suggested, I called get User API, and still, I can see the language code is in English. Please see the below response.

“account_id”: “F0CidbE6T4WNqQu5scj0BA”,
“language”: “en-US”,
“phone_country”: “”,
“phone_number”: “”,
“status”: “active”

In my case also getting 204 code and Chinese language is selected from the dropdown in the User profile but the remaining things are still in English(Eg: Date Format word, Time Format word, Time Zone word, and Personal Meeting Id and Navbar Items, all are in English

I think here, after selecting the Chinese Language not saved to the user profile from the Update user API. If I click manually on the save button then it is taking and I can see the Chinese language in the Get User API response.

As we have a requirement to create the meeting with a particular language so I need this to work.

Thanks,
Arpitha B M

Hi @arpithabelli20
Thanks for sharing more details with me.
I understand what you are saying and I was able to replicate this.
When I change the language via API and I go to the UI, the language does not change (even after getting the 204 code), but when I do it manually in the UI, I can see how the language gets updated.
I will create an internal ticket with our Engineering team to investigate this behavior and will update you shortly.
Best,
Elisa

Hi @arpithabelli20
I have created an internal ticket, here is the number for reference: ZSEE-87578

This topic was automatically closed 368 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.