Update Use Setting API is not working

Description
We are facing an issue with “Update Use Setting” API, while we are trying to update the business hour via the API, it’s not working. it’s just working when we change it at least once from the UI.

The API:

Can you please advice?
Your help is more than appreciated

Thanks

Hi @lmilova708

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!
Could you please share with me the request body that you are sending to the endpoint to try to understand your issue and replicate it.

Please make sure to edit or remove private information
Best
Elisa

Hi Elisa,

Thanks for your reply!
Sure,
{
“sub_setting_type”: “custom_hours”,
“settings”: {
“type”: 2,
“custom_hours_settings”: [
{
“weekday”: 1,
“type”: 2,
“from”: “07:00”,
“to”: “10:00”
},
{
“weekday”: 2,
“type”: 0
},
{
“weekday”: 3,
},
{
“weekday”: 4,
},
{
“weekday”: 5,
“type”: 1
},
{
“weekday”: 6,
“type”: 1
}
]
}
}

Hey @lmilova708

Thanks for following up! I’ve reached out to our engineering to get their insight. I’ll let you know what we hear. (ZOOM-334269)

Thanks,
Max

@lmilova708 So far, we haven’t been able to reproduce the issue but I’ve confirmed this isn’t expected behavior as well.

Are you able to share the full URL that you used when making a request? Our team will use this to investigate our logs.

Max

Hi Max,
So glad to hear back from you -
the URL is

I assume the issue is with the full flow and I explain why:
if the “User” is existing, we can use the API, but if there’s a new “User” which has never been updated, the API won’t work but after manual setting via the UI and then we can use the API… maybe it will help you to be closer to the specific use case…
Looking forward to hearing from you
Thanks a lot!
Happy New Year :slight_smile:

Hey @lmilova708,

Thank you for following up on this. When creating a user, they need to accept the invitation and log in to Zoom before you can use the API against that user.

I think that new users haven’t activated their accounts yet which is why you aren’t seeing any changes made when using the API. Does that seem to be the issue?

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.