Update webinar start_time?

Hi,

I’m using the REST API, and so far it’s been fairly straight forward. But I just ran into my first problem.

I’m using PATCH /webinars/{webinarId} to update a webinar, but it doesn’t seem to accept changes to the start_time. I can change anything else - title, agenda, password, etc … but it seems to just ignore changes to start_time.

Is this by design, a bug or am I missing something?

An example of my content payload is …

{
  "type": 5,
  "settings": {
    "approval_type": 0,
    "host_video": true,
    "close_registration": true,
    "registrants_confirmation_email": false
  },
  "topic": "Live Test",
  "agenda": "Test from BIPRI live, updated",
  "start_time": "2019-03-01'T'03:55:00",
  "duration": "60",
  "password": ""
}

TIA for any help,

– hugh

Note that I’m only creating type 5 (one off) webinars, not recurring ones. I found another thread that talked about having issues trying to change the start_time of a single occurrence of a recurring meeting, but that doesn’t apply to me.

Hi @radair,

Looks like your doing the start time in local format. Have you included the timezone in the payload as well since you’re using local time?

Thanks

Hmm, OK, I’ll look at that. I figured it would work, as it accepts that exact same payload when creating the object.

Problem solved, and bot do I feel dumb. I had single quotes round the ‘T’ in the datetime string …

"start_time": "2019-03-01'T'03:55:00",

because that’s what the API spec says for date strings, and I’ve never used that style of datetime format before, and I took it literally. Removing the quotes …

"start_time": "2019-03-01T03:55:00",

… everything works as expected.

Thanks for the prompt response, it got me looking in the right place.

1 Like