Changing Timezone through Update webinar API is not working properly

All,

I created a webinar today at 2 PM Paris time and then updated it to 2 PM New York time… Create webinar successfully created the webinar at 2 PM Paris which is 8 AM Eastern time, when I give the update to change the webinar to 2 PM New york, It does not do that and still maitains the same 8 AM EST. This is the case with any timezone change, It does not change that properly…

Please see my attached data below… I pasted the images from My Account’s “List Webinars” Page to show the meeting information after each API Call…

Created a new webinar with this data
{
“topic”: “Timezone update does not work properly…”,
“type”: 9,
“start_time”: “2019-05-30T14:00:00”,
“duration”: 30,
“timezone”: “Europe/Paris”,
“password”: “”,
“agenda”: "EC-11208 Bug - On updating the timezone,the time of the webinar is getting converted based on the previous time zone selection “,
“settings”: {
“approval_type”: 0,
“registration_type”: 1,
“alternative_hosts”: "Muthuchellappan.velappan@gartner.com”,
“close_registration”: true,
“show_share_button”: true,
“on_demand”: false,
“audio”: “telephony”,
“auto_recording”: “cloud”
},
“recurrence”: {
“type”: 1,
“repeat_interval”: 0,
“weekly_days”: 1,
“monthly_day”: 0,
“monthly_week”: -1,
“monthly_week_day”: 1,
“end_times”: 0
}
}

and got it properly created for 2 PM “Europe/Paris” time and displayed in List Webinars Section…

Now, I found that this meeting has been created incorrectly in paris timezone and want it to moved to “America/New_York” timezone… So, I send the following data Update Webinar PATCH request… The only change to old and this request to update is the “timezone” value alone…

{
“topic”: “Timezone update does not work properly…”,
“type”: 9,
“start_time”: “2019-05-30T14:00:00”,
“duration”: 30,
“timezone”: “America/New_York”,
“password”: “”,
“agenda”: "EC-11208 Bug - On updating the timezone,the time of the webinar is getting converted based on the previous time zone selection “,
“settings”: {
“approval_type”: 0,
“registration_type”: 1,
“alternative_hosts”: "Muthuchellappan.velappan@gartner.com”,
“close_registration”: true,
“show_share_button”: true,
“on_demand”: false,
“audio”: “telephony”,
“auto_recording”: “cloud”
},
“recurrence”: {
“type”: 1,
“repeat_interval”: 0,
“weekly_days”: 1,
“monthly_day”: 0,
“monthly_week”: -1,
“monthly_week_day”: 1,
“end_times”: 0
}
}

What I expect is the meeting to be updated to 2 PM “America/New_York” time but it doesn’t work like that. It moves the meeting to 8 AM “America/New_York“ time. This looks strange…

Can you please explain why does it behave like this or we should not update timezone once meeting has been created?

Hey @subhadra.ponnada,

In order to change the timezone, your meeting type must be scheduled.

Try switching your meeting type from 9 to 2

Let me know if this works!

Hey tommy, Isn’t type 9 - Recurring meetings with fixed time is also a sub type of " 2 - Scheduled Meetings"?

Hi @subhadra.ponnada,

The value for the recurring meeting is 8.

For more details, please visit: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingcreate

Hi Ojus - Has this value been changed now to 8 or its been 8 right from the beginning… I remember seeing the value 9 and this is how we have been using for past 4 months…

I understand the confusion here… I mentioned meeting in my post but what i create is webinar… I should have used proper vocabulary… So the type “8” is incorrect in my case. Coming back to my question can’t I change timezone for my webinar or not?

If yes, it doesn’t work in todays case… Please check my intial question with all data…

Hi @subhadra.ponnada,

I created a webinar using the same JSON body that you provided me and then submitted a patch request with the same JSON body provided by you.

I saw that my the webinar was at 8 PM Paris time, and was moved to 2 PM Eastern Time.

Please see the attached screenshots:

Webinar Time in the console:

Patch Request:

After the Patch Update:

Thanks!

Hi Ojus,

In both my request time is only at 2 PM, I’m not sure how you get 8 PM. I created the webinar at 2 PM “Europe/Paris” and then moved to 2 PM “America/New_York”. In this case why it gets moved to 8 AM “America/New_York“…

This is incorrect, It should just update the timezone to the webinar and not change my current timesetting with respect to the changed timezone…

Even in the data that you posted above, time moves from 8 AM to 2 PM on only changing the timezone which is incorrect… Hope this explains clearly…

Thanks

Regards,

Hi @subhadra.ponnada,

responded to you in PM