Updating webinar live_stream data via API

Hi, we are experimenting with live streaming meetings and webinars, and I have noticed that it is possible to update a meeting’s live_stream via the API, but not a webinar’s live_stream. I am wondering if it will be possible to do so at some point, rather that using the account interface to update a webinar’s live_stream stream_url and stream_key.

2 Likes

Hey @webinars,

The update webinar livestream feature is in our backlog. Subscribe here to be notified when we release it.

Thanks,
Tommy

Just subscribed, thanks!

1 Like

Happy to help!

Thanks,
Tommy

I’m also looking for this feature. I skimmed the change log, but did not see this feature implemented yet. Is there a particular ticket I can subscribe to updates on this feature?

Hey @recordedspeed,

Thanks for your interest. No timeline as of yet. (ZOOM-152290)

-Tommy

Any updates on this feature? Especially for automation purposes it is frustrating that a live stream can’t be started via API. We often have conferences with up to 15 parallel webinars with live streams and the complexity without API access to start and verify those streams is tremendous. Part of the team is already looking for other webinar solutions to automate this process… I would love to stay with Zoom but its becoming a deal breaker. Any hope that this is available soon?

Thanks!

Hey @DGMEV,

We are planning on developing this feature. I have just requested upped priority on this feature.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi! We are interested on this feature as well. I would love to have it implemented soon to be able to update and start/stop a webinar live stream.

Thanks,
Rene

Thanks @renecern for your interest in this feature! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

1 Like

FWIW, I could really use this feature as well! I see that the endpoint is there - webinars/{webinarID}/livestream and it returns a 204, it just doesn’t do the update. Do you think it might be soon, or should I start looking at doing some sort of browser automation?

Thanks,

Arlen

Hey @arlen,

We appreciate your interest in this feature. This is in our backlog. I will keep you updated on its development.

Thanks,
Tommy

Are there any updates on this feature? This would be very beneficial.

Hey @dmason,

This is still in the works—stay tuned to our Changelog for the latest!

Best,
Will

need this feature asap plz !

Hey @pnorman,

Thanks for sharing your interest in this feature. This is in our backlog and we will post any updates as we have them.

Thanks,
Will

Can you please finally give an update on this feature? At this point, not having this feature risks developers going to other solutions to satisfy their needs.

Hi @CJHisMe,

Thanks for checking on this—we intend to address this in the coming month or two (ZOOM-152290). Please stay tuned to our Changelog for the latest.

Thanks,
Will

I too would very much appreciate this feature thank you!

Thanks for the feedback @hshadab — we’ll keep you posted!

Best,
Will

1 Like