Web SDK start live streaming on custom live streaming service

Hi there,

I am currently developing functionality to create webinars via the API, and start/join zoom webinars using the zoom web SDK. Currently, joining a webinar through the zoom web SDK 1.8.1 works, but I would like to be able to start a live streaming on a custom platform the same way you are able to do on the zoom client on Windows etc through the zoom web SDK. Is this possible?

If not possible through the web SDK, then would it be possible to generate some kind of link/token for the host to click on which will prompt them to open the client on their machine and start that specific meeting ?

Hey @techcityventures,

Currently starting custom live streams is not supported on the Web SDK.

That being said, you can use the Zoom API to configure and start a livestream. :slight_smile:

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks @tommy,

I need this for a webinar rather than a meeting. Is streaming possible for a webinar rather than meeting? Can I get same functionality, but for a webinar?

Also please give me an answer to my other question, would it be possible to generate some kind of link/token for the host to click on which will prompt them to open the zoom client/app on their machine and start that specific webinar (to be able to start live streaming from the zoom client/app once they do that) ?

What I need to achieve is live stream on custom platform for webinar (created via the API and started/joined via the zoom SDK)

Hey @techcityventures,

Gotcha! This is currently on our roadmap and we are planning on releasing this soon. (ZOOM-152290)

I will keep you updated with a timeline. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for the answer. I’ll leave this issue opened for now. Please come back with an estimated release date with this functionality included.

1 Like

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @techcityventures,

We are planning to release this later this month. I will update you if the timeline changes.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @techcityventures,

This release has been pushed to January.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy, I don’t know if this is the same thing… but I’m looking to stream meetings such that they show on my duda website (I have another pro account). What would be the best way to achieve this?

Hey @dhamanikanz,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Great question! I think the best option, in this case, would be to create a private stream to a service, such as YouTube, that you can embed on your site.

I hope that’s helpful! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.