URGENT Chat window is unusable for host

Description
When launching a meeting using the SDK from Windows, the chat window is available but the chat field will not accept any text. It’ll receive focus (as the carat shows in it) but if you type you get a “ping” and no text is entered.

How can I enable chat for the meeting host??? It’s driving the host insane.

Which version?
4.6.15837 or earlier

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Launch a meeting using the Windows SDK
  2. Show the chat window from the Zoom UI
  3. Attempt to chat.
  4. It’s IMPOSSIBLE

Screenshots
None

Smartphone (please complete the following information):
Windows 10

Additional context
Is this related to Zoom monitoring focus?? If you enter a breakpoint whilst debugging the app, the UI of the entire system becomes very slow and unresponsive until Zoom is killed.
Is Zoom flooding the message queue on Windows with events or something???

Hi side.parting,

Thanks for the post. I have just tested the chat feature in our demo app (The latest one and the earlier one), everything is working as expected:

Could you provide more information regarding the issue you are describing? A video clip would be very helpful. And is this happening on a specific PC or OS?

Please have a try with our demo app(sdk_demo_v2) and see if the issue also happens.

Thanks

Apologies for the late reply. I will try the demo app under the sdk but I had difficulty getting the Windows SDK to build out of the box under VS 2019. I will try and report back, although I am not having difficulty even getting a meeting joined (see other topic I have opened).

Hi side.parting,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I saw your other post and I will provide further assistance over there. Thanks!