Urgent Inquiry🙇‍♂️ We are unable to update access tokens for our customers

Format Your New Topic as Follows:

API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)
https://zoom.us/oauth/token

Description
Hello.

We offers cloud service for sales department and user can use zoom app by oauth integration .
Today (January 23, 2023 at approximately 1:30 p.m. Japan time.), Suddenly, all customer’s access token updates are failing with 400 Error.

We have confirmed that the fisrt authorization of our oauth app is successful and that an access token and a refresh token are generated. However, updating the access token with the refresh token issued at that time always fails.

We also made sure that the execution environment, including code and environment variables, had not changed at that time.

Because token updates fail, we are unable to guide customers to re-authorize the application, which has a significant business impact.

Could you please help us urgently?

Thanks

Error?
Code: 400
Error Message: invalid_grant, Invalid Token

How To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
1. User does Oauth linkage and get access token and refresh token
2. Send a request for a new access token to https://zoom.us/oauth/token using the issued refresh token
3. 400 Error happens

3 Likes

Hello.
Thank you for making inquiry.
I’m also in same trouble.

It seems there is a service degradation in Zoom’s Rest API.

1 Like

@daiki.murakami @jigenji Hope you will be fine.

What error you are getting when refreshing the tokens?

Thanks for your response.
This is the error I faced.

content:

{
    "reason": "Invalid Token!",
    "error": "invalid_grant"
}
1 Like

Thank you!

It seems likely that this was caused by a failure of the Rest API.

I will await additional information from zoom.

1 Like

It seems you are passing wrong refresh_token.

We have the same problem!

Hi @jigenji, @daiki.murakami @freelancer.nak, @Maxime622, this issue should now be resolved. Can you confirm you’re now able to successfully refresh access tokens to apps previously returning errors? You should not need to reauthenticate, existing refresh tokens will now work.

Our apologies for the disruption and thank you for reporting here.

This service status here will be updated shortly as we continue to confirm - Zoom Status - A subset of users not able to use oauth for authentication.

1 Like

We’ve now moved this issue status to monitoring - Zoom Status - A subset of users not able to use oauth for authentication.

1 Like

I confirm it is resolved on our end.

2 Likes

Thank you @Maxime622 :+1:

We’ve moved our status page to resolved - Zoom Status - A subset of users not able to use oauth for authentication.

1 Like

Thank you for fixing.
I also confirmed refresh token works!

@daiki.murakami ,

Great news – thanks for sharing this update with us!

1 Like